• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brave and the Bold #28...opinions please!

15 posts in this topic

Hi there...just bought this on eBay and would like some opinions. Not sure how much it shows in the scans, but there is very minor water damage...some rippling and very, very light stains in a few areas. Don't know how much it would affect the grade...I will probably have it pressed to minimize. But the bigger issue is whether this has been trimmed...looks very suspicious to me. Thoughts on the grade and whether it looks trimmed? Thanks in advance! :foryou:

BB28.jpg

BB28b.jpg

Both the front and the back covers are shorter than the pages. Doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know?

It doesn't looked trimmed to me either. Maybe the water caused some shrinking and the suspicious looking edge? (hold your jokes please) :P

you mean significant shrinkage?

george_costanza.jpg

LOVE that episode...one of the all-time most hilarious! lol

But seriously...I'm thinking about returning it for a refund because of the moisture damage which was of course undisclosed, and the possibility that if I get it graded it could end up with a PLOD. (shrug)

LOVE that episode...one of the all-time most hilarious! lol

But seriously...I'm thinking about returning it for a refund because of the moisture damage which was of course undisclosed, and the possibility that if I get it graded it could end up with a PLOD. (shrug)

Well if you are going to return it do it for the staining only. Trimming is really hard to detect and it is possible for a book to looked trimmed but not be.

P.S I wouldn't slab it either way.

Both the front and the back covers are shorter than the pages. Doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know?

i've had many books with the similar "look" where the pages stick out,and they were not trimmed.

(thumbs u

i've had many books with the similar "look" where the pages stick out,and they were not trimmed.

I am curious as to how you knew they wern't trimmed? :baiting: