• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11 Crisis On Infinite Earths to go...

55 posts in this topic

I couldn't help but notice my name being mentioned in yet ANOTHER thread... alas, woe is me, I must come to my OWN rescue yet again as no one is chivalrous enough to do it for me... I might, however, have a lead on a Crisis On Infinite Earths #10 from a gentlemen in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA. I'll be hopping the Lear to fly out and check in the morning. I'll be crossing my fingers. I'm sure you will too.

You can be quite a nasty little FOADer when you want to be, can't you ????

Why must you mock my quest?? Is your undivided attention so much to ask?? Honestly. I do sincerely hope we can move past all this name calling and other spiteful invective.

Don't let people like Ian get you down Khaos,...I for one want to see you complete you Herculean task,...I might know a guy who has an issue #8,...I'm not positive about the condition , but I'm pretty sure it's at least a F/F+...I'll check it out tomorrow...

Will Khaos have to pay a 10% finder's fee?

Well,...I guess only if the transaction goes through,...I mean,...I wouldn't expect him to pay me if the deal sours,....It's not like he's the only collector looking for a Crisis #8....

I couldn't help but notice my name being mentioned in yet ANOTHER thread... alas, woe is me, I must come to my OWN rescue yet again as no one is chivalrous enough to do it for me... I might, however, have a lead on a Crisis On Infinite Earths #10 from a gentlemen in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA. I'll be hopping the Lear to fly out and check in the morning. I'll be crossing my fingers. I'm sure you will too.

You can be quite a nasty little FOADer when you want to be, can't you ????

Why must you mock my quest?? Is your undivided attention so much to ask?? Honestly. I do sincerely hope we can move past all this name calling and other spiteful invective.

Don't let people like Ian get you down Khaos,...I for one want to see you complete you Herculean task,...I might know a guy who has an issue #8,...I'm not positive about the condition , but I'm pretty sure it's at least a F/F+...I'll check it out tomorrow...

If you could find it I would not only never thank you but I would never, ever show my eternal gratitude! As you may be aware, there are only four copies of #8 in existence thus it is extremely hard to find. I had a confirmed order at one point with a dealer in the States for a #8 but it was lost in the overseas shipping. If you wouldn't mind hand-delivering it, that would be fantastic. Just leave it in my mailbox. I couldn't have you coming in and breathing all over my collection, now could I?!! And please don't knock on the door. It is hand crafted by monks from the enormous branches of an incredibly rare black oak tree from the Siberian plains.

I just spit out my soda after coming on..

Why must you contribute to my spiritual rigor mortis by spitting all over my tremendous, fabulistic task/collection??

I will never understand you Americans.

I've got the 11 books you need but I'm going to find the biggest dealer to act as my proxy in selling them to you because your are such a and I don't want to be badmouthed on the boards after sealing the deal!

I am so weakened by the daily assault from you plebians that I can scarecly muster the strength to respond to this, but I shall try...

Oh... I cannot. Someone please call my downstairs servant and have him come up here and carry me to my quarters. My number is 8-34-24189-292348niner18242746. Ask for Haughtington. He's in charge of the lower level service staff. Tell him I require his aid immediately.

And don't call collect.

And destroy my phone number after you are done dialing. And never use it again.

If you could find it I would not only never thank you but I would never, ever show my eternal gratitude! As you may be aware, there are only four copies of #8 in existence thus it is extremely hard to find. I had a confirmed order at one point with a dealer in the States for a #8 but it was lost in the overseas shipping. If you wouldn't mind hand-delivering it, that would be fantastic. Just leave it in my mailbox. I couldn't have you coming in and breathing all over my collection, now could I?!! And please don't knock on the door. It is hand crafted by monks from the enormous branches of an incredibly rare black oak tree from the Siberian plains.

I'm afraid you are too late...Vincent told me he already bought it at 8X Guide....Muttered something about making sure that Khaos never completes his collection..

But your collection will never be complete without the Platinum Edition Preview of Issue Six, which was only given out to comic dealers in Rhode Island who'd had accounts with Diamond for more than five years. Without that, you can't claim the whole set.

I have my OWN wheels, dear Ian. Wheels in the form of ninja-trained stealth assassins. Assassins, you will be surprised to find, that have currently surrounded your house and will be invading shortly. Just relax and let their laser-guided swords do their work.

I have FINALLY after many years of searching nearly completed my collection of the 12-issue maxi-series "Crisis on Infinite Earths." I have spent a small fortune travelling the world, chasing down leads, scouring black markets, hacking through jungles, battling dragons and various other scaled, fire-breathing monsters... and I now have only eleven issues to go.

These are the issues I am looking for (any condition so long as the covers are intact is fine... "fine" meaning I will pay no more than fine value so don't bother grading it higher than that):

Any help would be appreciated unless you are one of the following people:

BachelorOfComix (or his Scottish cousin "Bachelor O' Comix")

Joanna (or her time-torn 1970's alter-ego "Fro-anna")

Lighthouse (or his low-calorie equivalent "Lighthouse Light")

Dr Banner (He may or may not be a doctor at all!)

Lantern (first name "Coleman". He's a camper. Watch out.)

Architect (God-complex on that one, I tell you.)

Fantastic_Four (Not so fantastic, though the "four" is right on.)

Scarface (may or may not, in fact, even HAVE scars on his face)

Greggy ('nuff said.)

I would like to remind you all that this is the greatest human undertaking of all time and I could only hope that you will treat my mad quest for immortality with the utmost respect and reverence.

I would thank you, but I have no manners.

Well, after selling you those earlier books, which, by the way, you complimented me on at the time, now I come to read this!?!? 893frustrated.gif You jumped the shark on that one my fine-feathered friend, and I am going to make your quest a living nightmare...that's right, "The Wheels are already in Motion!!" 893naughty-thumb.gif

And instead of taking it like a man I fully expect you to try and muddy the waters by changing the subject to some passed transaction between us, which, as I pre-emptively point out above, at the time you were perfectly satisfied with, but now say otherwise? Like I said before zero credibility, and zero crisis!! devil.gif

"Does anyone have an overly-effeminate divan onto which I could flounce?"

Major, Do you mean strike a pose something like this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3704311289&category=551

That would be exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. At last, this message board has served some purpose other than shortening my life span through stress and aggravation.

I have FINALLY after many years of searching nearly completed my collection of the 12-issue maxi-series "Crisis on Infinite Earths." I have spent a small fortune travelling the world, chasing down leads, scouring black markets, hacking through jungles, battling dragons and various other scaled, fire-breathing monsters... and I now have only eleven issues to go.

These are the issues I am looking for (any condition so long as the covers are intact is fine... "fine" meaning I will pay no more than fine value so don't bother grading it higher than that):

Any help would be appreciated unless you are one of the following people:

BachelorOfComix (or his Scottish cousin "Bachelor O' Comix")

Joanna (or her time-torn 1970's alter-ego "Fro-anna")

Lighthouse (or his low-calorie equivalent "Lighthouse Light")

Dr Banner (He may or may not be a doctor at all!)

Lantern (first name "Coleman". He's a camper. Watch out.)

Architect (God-complex on that one, I tell you.)

Fantastic_Four (Not so fantastic, though the "four" is right on.)

Scarface (may or may not, in fact, even HAVE scars on his face)

Greggy ('nuff said.)

I would like to remind you all that this is the greatest human undertaking of all time and I could only hope that you will treat my mad quest for immortality with the utmost respect and reverence.

I would thank you, but I have no manners.

Well, after selling you those earlier books, which, by the way, you complimented me on at the time, now I come to read this!?!? 893frustrated.gif You jumped the shark on that one my fine-feathered friend, and I am going to make your quest a living nightmare...that's right, "The Wheels are already in Motion!!" 893naughty-thumb.gif

And instead of taking it like a man I fully expect you to try and muddy the waters by changing the subject to some passed transaction between us, which, as I pre-emptively point out above, at the time you were perfectly satisfied with, but now say otherwise? Like I said before zero credibility, and zero crisis!! devil.gif

If you choose to take this course of action I will have no recourse but to make good on my as-yet-unstated threat of summoning Scotland Yard to my aid. You will notice that Ian has mysteriously vanished since my serving notice of the Ninja-trained stealth assassins outside his door, yes? Imagine what a bunch of drunken Scotsmen could do to you, Banner! Imagine your shins and the kicking they will sustain!

I cannot understand where this animosity comes from!!

Puh-lease! This is nothing.

Care to comment on what the followers of the South East Asian Polka scene have to say about you?

It is days like this that I wonder where I find the strength to carry on... I did more for South East Asian Polka than anyone before me and that INCLUDES Chee Sop Koy! The South East Asian Polka aficionados are merely envious of my incomprehensibly large body of work in the field. They only aspire to be as magnanimous and light-of-loafer as I.