• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek 1 Gold Key

65 posts in this topic

Do you think that is a result of this hyper focus and narrow market we are seeing in comics or was Star Trek always tied to the TV/Movie Franchise and somewhat independent of the comic book market.

In other words, who were you buyers.

my buyers were mostly not comic collectors, but Star Trek collectors that wanted the #1 comic (or run of them)...

over the years, I bet we have sold in excess of a million Star Trek action figures to tens of thousands of different collectors (that number has recently and dramatically reduced to probably less than 2500 active collectors, at least from our customer base)... so I doubt even 1% of them "cared" about a variant cover, they just wanted "a" copy (thumbs u

Any reason for the dramatic dropoff? I always thought Star Trek was right up there as an icon with Star Wars for sci-fi stuff. Could it be the baby boomers are getting out of the game? hm

Do you think that is a result of this hyper focus and narrow market we are seeing in comics or was Star Trek always tied to the TV/Movie Franchise and somewhat independent of the comic book market.

In other words, who were you buyers.

my buyers were mostly not comic collectors, but Star Trek collectors that wanted the #1 comic (or run of them)...

over the years, I bet we have sold in excess of a million Star Trek action figures to tens of thousands of different collectors (that number has recently and dramatically reduced to probably less than 2500 active collectors, at least from our customer base)... so I doubt even 1% of them "cared" about a variant cover, they just wanted "a" copy (thumbs u

Any reason for the dramatic dropoff? I always thought Star Trek was right up there as an icon with Star Wars for sci-fi stuff. Could it be the baby boomers are getting out of the game? hm

The prices seem to have held up on the few sales on GPA, it just seems that the issue isn't offered for sale (slabbed issues that is) very often.

Rick, have most of your sales of this issue been raw?

The main reason for reduction in numbers of St action figure collectors is lack of new product to collect....

Nothing new interest wains folks stop...that is a result of higher pricing of course

As for gk sales I have never bought or sold a cgc issue.

.100% raw for whatever reason

The main reason for reduction in numbers of St action figure collectors is lack of new product to collect....

Nothing new interest wains folks stop...that is a result of higher pricing of course

I use to collect Star Trek Figures etc. I had probably 99% of all Playmates products including the New Force exclusives. You are right with nothing new coming out I quit collecting them and finally about 5 years ago I sold everything and used it on comics.

I use to collect Star Trek Figures etc. I had probably 99% of all Playmates products including the New Force exclusives. You are right with nothing new coming out I quit collecting them and finally about 5 years ago I sold everything and used it on comics.

:headbang: