• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 182 in 9.8

21 posts in this topic

You must be a graduate of the jgreen school of bidding! If we knock this up to a silly price...does that mean we'll break you out of bidding silly money on the NEXT 9.8 FF copy? devil.gif

Probably not. If this gets nutty, next time I'll be more stealthy. I figured being totally above board might get me some points this time.

He's probably trying to trick you into placing "thrill" bids on it, so you get stuck with the book. That way your discretionary money for future FF purposes will be limited due to the overpayment for this particular book.

Brian

He's probably trying to trick you into placing "thrill" bids on it, so you get stuck with the book. That way your discretionary money for future FF purposes will be limited due to the overpayment for this particular book.

blush.gif

Brian

Why, I bet that is Donut's "dummy" book! It's a decoy! He's sitting on a pile of 182s in 9.8! Crafty, Donut. Very clever. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Silly it was, but some of the best art. I remember #174 was my first comic book, and that got me hooked. I loved the Galactus - High Evolutionary battle and the the big G's ultimate case of "indigestion" from trying to eat Poppup.

Classic!

Dan

9.8 CGC'd FFs include:

140, 149-151, 153, 156, 158-161, 163, 165, 166, 169-171, 173, 175, 182

I have a 9.6 144 and 172

I have a 9.4 142 and 167

Actively looking for all 9.8s between 140-175 priced at a reasonable price. Here's a hint - if I can get a book cheaper from Mile High (admittedly during a sale) your price is too high.

I haven't looked in a while. When do his sales occur? I used to get e-mails about them, but I haven't bought for a few years so I guess they stop sending them if they haven't heard from you in a while.