• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Sweet looking copy for sure! This book, and ToS 39 don't seem to have caught on fire like Hulk 1 a few years back, then AF 15, then Spidey 1, and now FF 1 but it's only a matter of time.

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Once upon a time you could have bought all these copies for what the 7.5 alone goes for today. 

B81D6A89-E14B-4CFC-926E-0616BFC91C0A.jpeg

$0.96? :takeit:

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Is this an attempt at showing off or just a reflection of bad selling skills?

Just a statement that what would once buy 8 now only buys 1...never said they were mine hm

Edited by G.A.tor

52 minutes ago, Grant Turner said:

Years ago I set out to get what I call the “Top 10 Top 10”. The first 10 appearances from the first 10 major marvel heroes. All in low grade but here it is in its entirety 

FD2262E1-DA1E-48E1-9BE3-3653DD5753AD.jpeg

6D159C5B-9FA9-4C6E-9CA6-4096F22E77FF.jpeg

That would cost a small fortune now!

7 hours ago, piper said:

That would cost a small fortune now!

I picked it all up between 97 and 2002. The most expensive at the time was AF 15 that I got for $460. FF 1 and ASM 1 were each $250, Hulk was $200, and TOS 39 was $150.  Everything else was $100 or less. I’d say on average, I spent about 30 dollars per comic for everything else. All told I spent probably no more than 5k. Granted they’re all lower grade, and at the time, it was a lot of money, but I’m so glad I did because to do so now would be impossible!