• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "I don't own no stinkin' major Marvel SA keys" club

93 posts in this topic

Do the major villain 1st apps count?

I don't have any of the hero keys (AF#1, ASM#1, FF#1, etc..).

I do have FF#5 and ASM#14 (I actually have all the Goblin apps up to #137)

So, am I in the club or out?

Those are two huge Marvel keys. You are in, unless you don't want to be and sell me those two books at guide. :)

Do the major villain 1st apps count?

I don't have any of the hero keys (AF#1, ASM#1, FF#1, etc..).

I do have FF#5 and ASM#14 (I actually have all the Goblin apps up to #137)

So, am I in the club or out?

I can't not consider the first app of Dr Doom as a major key, moreso than the Green Goblin, imo. Some may disagree with me but it's my club. :sumo:

You are not of the body Chris. :sorry:

Is Green Lantern #40 a key? If not, I can join. I have about 1,000 silver/early bronze age Marvel and DCs in 8.5 condition on average, but my earliest issue numbers for most titles are nothing impressive. E.g., Avengers 31, Fantastic Four 52, Justice League 55, etc. But my Green Lanterns stretch back to 14, so I have 40, and 76 for that matter but it's technically Bronze Age. Anyway, let me know if I can join....

It is considered a key by The Inhumans, at the very least.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

It is a minor key, but it's impact is mitigated by the fact that 2 of The Inhumans had appeared in previous issues. Medusa as a Frightful Four member, and Gorgon in FF #44.

I'd say as far as this club goes, you'd still be a member if you owned one.