• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX

71 posts in this topic

i just won my 4th PGX slab ever, of course it wasn't big $$$, but the price was to good to pass up compared to their counterpart, CGC. i actually submitted a PGX book during the wondercon for grading, i'll post when i get it back. :wishluck:

I just bought my first one too. I am looking forward to getting it and making the comparison. Both sides say their holder is better and both sides say their grading is better.
what counts is that the market, as a general whole, say that CGC is "better" , and that is what counts (thumbs u

Right, but if I am satisfied with their grading, and can get the same book cheaper, or slabbed cheaper through PGX . . . why wouldn't I?

If you getting it because you want the book to be kept in plastic instead of mylar, you have a good point. However, if you want a high quality restoration check or to get fair value for it when you sell, you should use CGC.

The comic buying community has show that PGX grading does not add the same value - if any - to the comic. Since their grading practices, and ability to find and disclose restoration are questioned buyers don't want to pay a premium for a book graded by them.

I just bought my first one too. I am looking forward to getting it and making the comparison. Both sides say their holder is better and both sides say their grading is better.

I'm curious, what is everyones opinion about CGC's holder vs. PGX's holder?

I know we could go on and on about the other aspects but as far as the holders are concerned, what are the differences and which holder is better?

I hope all the comic is there. I had a comic that was missing 3/4ths of it. I'll never buy a PGX slab again unless the owner will guarantee it when I crack it open immediately. But, overall, I'd just prefer to stay clear of PGX and not even bother with any hassles.

I'm curious, what is everyones opinion about CGC's holder vs. PGX's holder?

I know we could go on and on about the other aspects but as far as the holders are concerned, what are the differences and which holder is better?

I would say PGX, But the plastic used for the most recent slabs from CGC seams to be sturdier now*.

I hope all the comic is there. I had a comic that was missing 3/4ths of it. I'll never buy a PGX slab again unless the owner will guarantee it when I crack it open immediately.

You bought a comic missing 3/4th of it; was it claimed to be complete?

Do tell...