• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

So you tracked down an undisclosed Pedigree, sent it in for pressing, got a nice grade and $$$ bump (not to mention PQ) and are posting this for us all to bathe in your largess?

Not really, I thoguht it was a fun story

It was a *great* story.. right up until you pressed it into a 9.0.

I may be late to the party, but isn't pressing of Pedigrees frowned upon by most collectors - kinda defeats the purpose of a Pedigree notation if you're gonna flatten it.

Actually, its the pressing of Pedigrees and resubmitting them without their Pedigree notation that is frowned upon by most collectors.

Just Pressing them seems to be a thorn in the side for all of about four Boardies, the rest of us really don't care one way or another.

Sweet Jim, you managed to cleverly start another Pressing thread.... :makepoint:

I'm not going to get involved in this, but I am going to point out that this is simply deliberate misinformation, George. :baiting:

You damned well know as well as I do that there are a large number of boarders who consider pressing to be resto, and/or are concerned about its popularity.

Every single poll we've run, over a number of years, has had the naysayers at around 40% of respondents.

Minimising the other side's point of view has always been the best way to start a meltdown. (tsk)

You sir, should know by now I was just pressing buttons hoping to get the desired effect.

And it worked.... :acclaim:

The good Dr's intent all along was to preserve the Northland pedigree of the book.

He did not crack open the slab and simply wanted to improve the condition of the book for his personal collection so I believe his actions were fine.

'IF' he had simply cracked open a ped to press it and flip it for money, his actions would have been interpreted as greed and could be debated.

Pedigree collectors love their books in any grade. He wanted it badly as an 8.0.

After all his efforts he deserves a 9.0 .

Hot damn! I was so excited that I went over to Superworld Ted's booth and ate all of GACollectibles' Twizzlers when he wasn't looking.

:censored:

You denied it so I accused Ted and gave him a wedgie! :frustrated:

It really wasn't me. I think it was Hotflips. hm

(shrug)

The good Dr's intent all along was to preserve the Northland pedigree of the book.

He did not crack open the slab and simply wanted to improve the condition of the book for his personal collection so I believe his actions were fine.

'IF' he had simply cracked open a ped to press it and flip it for money, his actions would have been interpreted as greed and could be debated.

Pedigree collectors love their books in any grade. He wanted it badly as an 8.0.

Totally agree. He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker. And let's be honest, we throw around the word responsibility and treasure but an 8.0 X-Men #8 is hardly a treasure. And as far as hurting books everytime one you guys move a book, ship a book, put it under light, breathe on the damn thing you are hurting it. It is his book and as long as isn't a rarity, I beleive he can do what he wants to do with it. Maybe he might even read it.

And for all of you f--ckin anti-pressers I assume you understand that the entire Church collection is restored under your conditions since those books were essentially pressed for 40 years.

You can all go f yourselves for ting this thread.

And for all of you f--ckin anti-pressers I assume you understand that the entire Church collection is restored under your conditions since those books were essentially pressed for 40 years.

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean.

lol

Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now, serenity now.

Totally agree. He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker. And let's be honest, we throw around the word responsibility and treasure but an 8.0 X-Men #8 is hardly a treasure. And as far as hurting books everytime one you guys move a book, ship a book, put it under light, breathe on the damn thing you are hurting it. It is his book and as long as isn't a rarity, I beleive he can do what he wants to do with it. Maybe he might even read it.

WTF does rarity have to do with it if its his book? How rare does it have to be and who makes the decision. Please explain, but in a calm rational voice...not your normal, over the top, internet tough guy voice.

He's right though...

Jim

Maybe so, but this thread isn't the time or the place for it. This WAS a fun thread. There are 5000 other threads for bitching and moaning. (thumbs u

You could make a thread about kittens and someone will whine

"OOhh, I'm allergic to kittens"

Good work on preserving the pedigree :)

Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now, serenity now.

Serenity now, Insanity later

I'm confused. Doesn't the "you did what?" and the little shocked icon in the title imply that the pressing revelation was intentionally pushing buttons?

And before someone goes all DQ on me, I have no problem with what Jim chose to do with his book, but I refuse to believe the button-pushing was not somewhat intentional. :baiting:

He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker.

thats_racist.gif

lol

Don't encourage me. Arch is watching. :eek: