• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly June 11-13, 2010

148 posts in this topic

My problem is I went to the last really good Wizard Chicago in 2008 as my first show in years. So, I know what a good Wizard show can be. I haven't seen one like it since.

I'm doing Fan Expo this year instead of Baltimore. I really enjoyed it last year. Sucks that the two shows are competing.

I've been attending this show every year since it's been going I believe, being a Philly native. I will say this: it was better then last year. After ten years, I think it's found it's comfort zone, as a nice little mid-size con. Friday and Sunday were a little dead, but Saturday business was good, and most artists/vendors I spoke to had a decent weekend.

I ended up purchasing one of JG Jones' Y-The Last Man covers, so that'll be getting framed and going up on the wall.

Buying at Silver/Golden Age dealer tables seemed to be VERY light. I didn't see much business at all while I was looking around between 1-5pm on Saturday.

If this show is going to be the same next year, I will consider skipping it and going to a NY show instead, if I go to a show at all.

MegaCon in Orlando is a pretty nice show as is Heroes. All the Wizard shows are the same... like cookies off an assembly line.

If you want to go to a show with artists and nice environment, Heroes is it. Last year I said this, but this year it is definitely true, Heroes will be a road trip next year and Philly will be a one day event. I could have easily finished this show in one or two days even with on site.

Baltimore is also a fantastic show for artists. I wish that show was three days... there's more than enough to do with the artists. Marc Nathan runs an absolutely fantastic show.

Couldn't agree with you more Brian. Philly was good. The artists I spoke to said they did better than expected. Only problem was my hotel room sucked (you get what you pay for).

Heroes is a pure comic show. Shelton does a great job promoting it. Baltimore is another great comic show which I am looking forward to. Marc Nathan is such a nice guy and puts on a great show.

I had a good time. I accomplished all my signature goals for the show, so that's always a good thing. I had a sweet SS book signed by Stewart and Spiner for my girlfriend who's a big next-gen fan. I won't lie...it was a little hard to hand it over to her, but she really liked it.