• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly June 11-13, 2010

148 posts in this topic

From their Facebook page:

Due to a last-minute filming commitment, William Shatner will be unable to attend Philadelphia Comic Con. We apologize for this inconveniencem but rest assured Sir Patrick Stewart and the rest of the Star Trek gang will be there. If you missed William in Anaheim, you could look forward to meeting him in Chicago!

From their Facebook page:

Due to a last-minute filming commitment, William Shatner will be unable to attend Philadelphia Comic Con. We apologize for this inconveniencem but rest assured Sir Patrick Stewart and the rest of the Star Trek gang will be there. If you missed William in Anaheim, you could look forward to meeting him in Chicago!

:censored:

I'll be driving in from Pittsburgh and I've never been to Philly. Does anyone know of somewhere cheap like a Motel 6 within driving distance of th con? I don't want to find a place on google and have it end up being in the worst possible part of the city or something...

I'll be driving in from Pittsburgh and I've never been to Philly. Does anyone know of somewhere cheap like a Motel 6 within driving distance of th con? I don't want to find a place on google and have it end up being in the worst possible part of the city or something...

There's no Motel 6 near there, but I would recommend either the Hampton Inn that's nearby or the Hilton Garden Inn. I lean towards the Hilton Garden Inn because it's relatively cheap, safe, and still in a main part of town. Is it in the best section? No, but I wouldn't call it unsafe either, and it's about 3 blocks from the convention center.

There's no Motel 6 near there, but I would recommend either the Hampton Inn that's nearby or the Hilton Garden Inn. I lean towards the Hilton Garden Inn because it's relatively cheap, safe, and still in a main part of town. Is it in the best section? No, but I wouldn't call it unsafe either, and it's about 3 blocks from the convention center.

i booked the hampton inn airport on hotels.com @ $71 a night and includes free shuttle service to and from the airport along with breakfast included. anyone interested, Friday night is open if anyone needs a place to stay. the R1 from the

airport is $7 and about 30 minutes to the convention center, but free shuttle bus

to the airport to catch the train. once again if interested, pm me.

Walt

i booked the hampton inn airport on hotels.com @ $71 a night and includes free shuttle service to and from the airport along with breakfast included. anyone interested, Friday night is open if anyone needs a place to stay. the R1 from the

airport is $7 and about 30 minutes to the convention center, but free shuttle bus

to the airport to catch the train. once again if interested, pm me.

Walt

The airport is a good 20-25 minutes (especially because of stadium traffic and construction on 95 -- unless your driver is smart and goes 76) from down town.

It's definitely a cheaper option though -- you could probably get the sheraton suites at the airport on a weekend around the same price, but I'm not sure you get the shuttle as well.