• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to sell right now?

50 posts in this topic

I am looking to move a few books that did not sell here. I have about 12 books all slabbed, and most of them have a decent GPA (over $200.00 or so). What is the best venue right now to get my cash. I really dont want to sell some of these, but financially I have no choice, so I am looking for advice.

Where, how, etc.. I am looking for honest feedback on this, and I wil be reading this throughout to base my decisions.

Thanks in advance,

Pat-

I've had good results on Comiclink for books that do not come up often, and also some luck dealing with Bob Storms.

I'm trial running a few auctions on eBay as we speak.

I've had good results on Comiclink for books that do not come up often, and also some luck dealing with Bob Storms.

I'm trial running a few auctions on eBay as we speak.

I ran a few 2 weeks ago on Ebay. One was a turd, the other two right at or around GPA, and one I doubled my money. Im trying to avoid ebay if possible. I would only list some of these as BIN.

I am looking to move a few books that did not sell here. I have about 12 books all slabbed, and most of them have a decent GPA (over $200.00 or so). What is the best venue right now to get my cash. I really dont want to sell some of these, but financially I have no choice, so I am looking for advice.

Where, how, etc.. I am looking for honest feedback on this, and I wil be reading this throughout to base my decisions.

Thanks in advance,

Pat-

Sorry to hear about the financial issues Pat - I can sympathize. I sold my books here and on ebay. My collection was eclectic enough that not much sold on the boards (and I'm not good at the BIN system pricing).

Ebay is fairly decent though I will say that some books sold for much less than GPA.

Good Luck! (thumbs u

walmart (shrug)

seriously, clink if you have good books to sell (will only cost you 10%) but you have to wait a month for your mula

ebay has those 5 free listings with minimal FVFees and you can probably get paid in a day after auctions over

heritage will cash advance you, but on $200 books, likely going to cost you 30% of the sale price, so unlikely that is worth it

run a 10% off sale on the boards (same commission you would pay) and see if that works (thumbs u

walmart (shrug)

seriously, clink if you have good books to sell (will only cost you 10%) but you have to wait a month for your mula

ebay has those 5 free listings with minimal FVFees and you can probably get paid in a day after auctions over

heritage will cash advance you, but on $200 books, likely going to cost you 30% of the sale price, so unlikely that is worth it

run a 10% off sale on the boards (same commission you would pay) and see if that works (thumbs u

I tried 10% off. I just dont think I sell enough these days for anyone to pay me any mind. Stupid job rantrant

If you need the cash no reserve auctions are the best way to get it. You might have to take your lumps with a few low sales but that is going to be the quickest way.

If you can wait then a BIN price might work too (with a best offer feature) but that is all going to depend on if anyone else is showing the same books as you at the same time.

walmart (shrug)

I tried 10% off. I just dont think I sell enough these days for anyone to pay me any mind. Stupid job rantrant
your rep is solid (thumbs u

So should I do the BIN format only, or roll the dice? I dont wanna sell all time lows on some of those by some slim chance.. :eek:

I hear you. I needed the cash to keep me afloat while searching for work so I had to take my chances,

Jeffro has a good suggestion with a BIN and best offer feature. That way you can set the BIN at what you want and consider lower offers if you need the cash. Drawback with this would be that you would still have to pay the listing fees if no one offered you a good price and the FVF are higher with BIN sales.

walmart (shrug)

I don't buy from people non pressers.

:P

walmart (shrug)

This has actually changed in that you get 100 free listings but they need to start at .99 or less.

Yep. I started many slabs at .99 and quite a few never reached 10.00. It's a toss of the dice. :(

Ebay listing that start at .99 or under with no reserve have a very low insertion fee.

The new ebay fvf is capped at a maximum of $50 no matter how high it sells.

my 10 day or 7 day listings like this,that end sunday nights,have been doing well,usually at or over GPA..sometimes up to 30% over.

Including ebay u.k. visibility for .50 and making sure to use heavy search words in the title seems to help also.

The buy-it-now...even tho fee's are higher,work great with a "best offer" format..the only problem with this now,is that they have "dumped" all the "store" listingd into this format,and buyer have to search thru tons of stuff to see your listing.I know i frequently only search "auctions" just to avoid seeing all the "store" stuff that has been listed for way too long..

Hope this info helps in some way..feel free to Pm me if you would like some more info...

I have a link in the "ebay sales area" here on the forum for some FF's i currently have listed if you wanted to see an example of some of my current listings.. (thumbs u