• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question about Clink postings

8 posts in this topic

As a longtime collector but relative noob when it comes the online buying/selling CGC community, I had a question about the "Newest listings" featured on Comiclink. How, exactly, do those work, in the sense that, it seems to me like true "new listings" get bumped subsequent times over the ensuing days, such that a book that appears as listed on, say, 4/19/2010 at 2:44 p.m. will then appear listed again on 4/20/2010 at 8:57 p.m. or 4/21/2010 at 10:36 a.m.

Does Comiclink re-list the same books at different prices after they appear for a first time? Or what? Why do certain books appear to get a "bump" in the listing order, and others not?

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

The seller cancels the old listing and then relists the same book again, for the sole purpose of keeping their book at or near the top of the search results.

Shady and frowned upon by many collectors who get tired of looking at the same books over and over and over...

They also show up as new listings if the seller reduces the ask price of the book by a certain %. Can't remember if it's 10%, or more. I've done that...book isn't selling for $500, so reduce it to $450, and it shows as a new listing.

That explains (but hardly excuses) it. Thanks - I agree it gets very annoying to view the same things over and over again and I'm a bit surprised Clink doesn't implement some kind of regulation to limit or prevent it. The sales listings right here are better managed for that type of thing, and this is a largely a self-policing community.

They also show up as new listings if the seller reduces the ask price of the book by a certain %. Can't remember if it's 10%, or more. I've done that...book isn't selling for $500, so reduce it to $450, and it shows as a new listing.

That type of relisting makes sense to me; the recent example I'm thinking of, though, features the same silver age Avengers showing up day after day at the same price.

Exactly... some sellers initially post the book at a ludicrious price.. hoping to get a sucker. Then when he doesn't get a nibble, he ever so slowly reduces the price until someone finally bites.. and gets bumped to the top each time he does it.