• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my TOS books are all free!!!

50 posts in this topic

but now my question im keeping the labels so should do i still call cgc to let them know?? for the records they keep?

No reason not to keep them, just in case you ever want to sell and want proof that these were CGC graded. Just put them behind the backing board and go about your business.

Sending them to CGC is leaving money on the table in the event of an emergency.

woke up this morning and broke out every TOS books i have out their slabs and i must say it was pretty fun....ive enjoy reading every book as i go one by one :cloud9:

but dont get me wrong..i still love a fine CGC book and will keep my random keys still cased

but now my question im keeping the labels so should do i still call cgc to let them know?? for the records they keep?

I personally believe that the hobby will not survive without people enjoying the insides of the books. Covers alone can not a hobby make.

Aren't TOS reading copies pretty easy to find ? Even in VG - F condition I think they are pretty cheap (shrug)

I personally don't like holding a low grade book, but then that's just the Virgo in me. If it works for you that's cool.

(thumbs u

lol....... you make it sound like leprosy Roy. I don't like reading a high grade books cuz the slightest bump knocks $$$ offf the value. Its just too dangerous. Mid grade however are the best reading copies there are (thumbs u

Oh, I wasn't trying to stigmatize it at all. Some people really enjoy a low grade book.

I enjoy high grade books for exactly the reason that you dislike handling them....because they're delicate and pretty.

:cloud9:

Agree that holding a raw high grade is the way to go and that it has to be more about the characters and stories than the value and covers to keep the hobby going. But if you have some high grades that are slabbed, why not pick up an omnibus instead of throwing $400-500 in grading fees out the window and increasing the chance of damage to your books?

:gossip: so says the guy that cracked his ASM run and ended up taking a beating when he sold it raw doh!

Agree that holding a raw high grade is the way to go and that it has to be more about the characters and stories than the value and covers to keep the hobby going. But if you have some high grades that are slabbed, why not pick up an omnibus instead of throwing $400-500 in grading fees out the window and increasing the chance of damage to your books?

:gossip: so says the guy that cracked his ASM run and ended up taking a beating when he sold it raw doh!

You know, I just prefer holding an actual comic in my hands and not a trade. Call me nostalgic or call me silly but I really enjoy the ads, the smell, the feel, etc. Kind of like being there when it was first released on the newsstands.

Now I might not crack a 9.8 or a 9.9 but I do have long runs of raw 9.0-9.6 bronze books to enjoy.

Are we talking about the books in your sig line?

yes sir those were opened up as well today..

Glad to see that you're enjoying them! Start the revolution!!!

:applause:

yeah ...it was fun to open them and read them...mainly the 39...i never had a chance to read it when i bought it so it was kinda fun doing so....again guys im not cracking everything i own but the runs im doing i think i rather have them raw...

You know, I just prefer holding an actual comic in my hands and not a trade. Call me nostalgic or call me silly but I really enjoy the ads, the smell, the feel, etc. Kind of like being there when it was first released on the newsstands.

Now I might not crack a 9.8 or a 9.9 but I do have long runs of raw 9.0-9.6 bronze books to enjoy.

That's why the hobby is great, nothing wrong with having your own likes (Thumbs u

Weren't a fair amount of these books raw to begin with? And you were the one that paid to get them slabbed?

4 i did pay to slab them...

I'm very curious why. I've cracked the majority of slabs I've bought because I'm a reader. I can't imagine buying a raw book, slabbing it, then deciding to crack it. Makes no sense to me.

Ya I don't get it but it sounds like he just changed his mind about slabs.

I have plenty of slabs I wouldn't mind seeing raw...

Though, my high grade Spidey keys were bought slabs as I wanted guaranteed high grade examples so that's where they stay.

I really do prefer raw though. My X-men run would be a lot more sleek if the 4 slabs in the minority were cracked and added to the stack of mylars. I've thought about it for sure!

well..really the 1st books i bought of the run were already slab..so i thought i would just roll with it like that...but after i starting a raw cap run it just hit me i rather have my tos run the same....now also since people are talking about money wasted all the raw books i had i sold for what i paid for..and the raw books i had that made it to cgc were sold for ether what i paid or a small profit ( but most i just broke even) ...now yes i did lose some money but what can i say i changed my mind on it...so it is what it is.. but i do think when i finish ill just enjoy them more raw then slabbed

I'm with you there. Thats why I feel like I need to collect a double set of everything. One for reading.....and one for investment

If you decide to keep them long term and not planning on selling then good for you otherwise you just took a hell of a beating :sorry:

I'm actually reading Action Comics 1-100 (digital copies :grin: )

If you decide to keep them long term and not planning on selling then good for you otherwise you just took a hell of a beating :sorry:

I'm actually reading Action Comics 1-100 (digital copies :grin: )

thanks there are only 2-3 in the group i really would want to upgrade but i think i could sell those for about what i paid...most of what i kept are in the grades i wanted