• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

22 DCs To Go

173 posts in this topic

893naughty-thumb.gif Ian you shouldn't be giving away your Simon stories for free. You should be bartering them to the tabloids for Buzzy 70 and GL 30. They will pay for any story involving a celeb no matter how silly or old. Just look at E!'s Hollywood uncensored.

Yeah but I'm sure the last thing he needs to do is brew up a $hitstorm within his own industry?? Cowell probably has stories about Ian he could share too don't forget insane.gif

Yeah but I'm sure the last thing he needs to do is brew up a $hitstorm within his own industry?? Cowell probably has stories about Ian he could share too don't forget

I think that far far far more people have heard of him than have ever heard of me, thankfully.

It should all be there.

Yes....... well you lost me after the first five lines.

I'm sure it's wonderful, I'll take your word for it.

It reminds me of a piece I wrote for "The Street" Magazine about Simon Cowell back in 1985 called "Malice In Wonderland". He used to genuinely have a mirror on the wall of his office, and written in gold letters at the top were the words "YES SIMON DARLING, YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL".

Remember when forum members commented on you being "self-absorbed"?

Joanna offers to include you in Crisis....and you just blow it off? confused.gif

Read your post(in quotations above)).....and see if you can figure out what I'm talking about. tonofbricks.gif

Remember when forum members commented on you being "self-absorbed"?

Joanna offers to include you in Crisis....and you just blow it off?

Read your post(in quotations above)).....and see if you can figure out what I'm talking about.

Well I TRIED to read Crisis but gave up. I'm still flattered that she asked and it really did remind me of that piece of satire I wrote nineteen years ago about Simon Cowell. As it happens, some of the board members found it amusing. Sorry that you didn't.

Yeah but I'm sure the last thing he needs to do is brew up a $hitstorm within his own industry?? Cowell probably has stories about Ian he could share too don't forget

I think that far far far more people have heard of him than have ever heard of me, thankfully.

I asked my girlfriend if she had ever heard of you and I was shocked (and impressed) that she had!! She's a Doctor Who fan. smile.gif

I asked my girlfriend if she had ever heard of you and I was shocked (and impressed) that she had!! She's a Doctor Who fan.

Is that good or bad for me ??????

Well, she didn't have anything bad to say about you so that must be GOOD! laugh.gif

Ok Ian, on another thread you mentioned what DC's excite you today. But how about going back all the way. You obviously haven't read 30500, but you must have read more than most of us, so what for you are the highpoints. I'm talking content here, not satisfaction gained from finding/purchasing. Tell us your favourite eras, favourite titles, favourite issues etc:. Let's have some insights into your collection.