• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

22 DCs To Go

173 posts in this topic

Hey Ian, do want to be in the Crisis story? I don't want to put you in unless you agree.

I just went to look, not having read any of it at all, and there are forty eight pages.

Where do I start ???

Can you condense it ???????

Hey Ian, do want to be in the Crisis story? I don't want to put you in unless you agree.

I just went to look, not having read any of it at all, and there are forty eight pages.

Where do I start ???

Can you condense it ???????

There is a trade paperback version (it's a rare variant give-away). Go here.

It should all be there.

It should all be there.

Yes....... well you lost me after the first five lines.

I'm sure it's wonderful, I'll take your word for it.

It reminds me of a piece I wrote for "The Street" Magazine about Simon Cowell back in 1985 called "Malice In Wonderland". He used to genuinely have a mirror on the wall of his office, and written in gold letters at the top were the words "YES SIMON DARLING, YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL".

That's a hilarious anecdote. Any more Cowellisms to share?

I was DJing in a very big club and he made a record by Sinitta called "So Macho". I had previously had a very big hit with Sinitta's mother, Miquel Brown.

Anyway the record was appalling and I refused to play it.

Eventually he was so frustrated that he hauled the poor girl into the DJ booth and said "Look here she is, you can't refuse to play it in front of her" and he just became so nagging and so persistent that I cracked the record over his head. True story.

I was DJing in a very big club and he made a record by Sinitta called "So Macho". I had previously had a very big hit with Sinitta's mother, Miquel Brown.

Anyway the record was appalling and I refused to play it.

Eventually he was so frustrated that he hauled the poor girl into the DJ booth and said "Look here she is, you can't refuse to play it in front of her" and he just became so nagging and so persistent that I cracked the record over his head. True story.

Have you received your Double Action 2 yet? After that anecdote, I'm now wondering whether it will be personally delivered by Vincent Zurzolo, who will proceed to crack the slab over YOUR head. smirk.gif

Have you received your Double Action 2 yet? After that anecdote, I'm now wondering whether it will be personally delivered by Vincent Zurzolo, who will proceed to crack the slab over YOUR head.

I posted on here when it arrived about how overgraded it was by CGC, remember ??? When everyone accused me of being ungrateful. Even though the grading had nothing to do with Vincent. Anyway, twelve inch promo discs crack a lot easier than CGC slabs.

Anyway, twelve inch promo discs crack a lot easier than CGC slabs.

Somehow, I think he would enjoy the extra effort required. blush.gif

(not that the "wheels are in motion" comment wasn't way over the top)

893naughty-thumb.gif Ian you shouldn't be giving away your Simon stories for free. You should be bartering them to the tabloids for Buzzy 70 and GL 30. They will pay for any story involving a celeb no matter how silly or old. Just look at E!'s Hollywood uncensored.

Can you post a scan or picture so that we can check it out?

Have you received your Double Action 2 yet? After that anecdote, I'm now wondering whether it will be personally delivered by Vincent Zurzolo, who will proceed to crack the slab over YOUR head.

I posted on here when it arrived about how overgraded it was by CGC, remember ??? When everyone accused me of being ungrateful. Even though the grading had nothing to do with Vincent. Anyway, twelve inch promo discs crack a lot easier than CGC slabs.