• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,840 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of DC science fiction comics. Here is a group shot of some of my Strange Adventure comics. I purchased many of these during my teenage years in the sixties.

9015164109_d35576b6fd_c.jpg

I always loved these type of covers also, as a kid, Strange Adventure, Mystery in Space & My Greatest Adventure were the first books I grabbed.

I am a big fan of DC science fiction comics. Here is a group shot of some of my Strange Adventure comics. I purchased many of these during my teenage years in the sixties.

9015164109_d35576b6fd_c.jpg

I always loved these type of covers also, as a kid, Strange Adventure, Mystery in Space & My Greatest Adventure were the first books I grabbed.

I was slow to pick up on the sci-fi comics after the superheroes returned in the silver age but once Adam Strange was added to MIS, all of them were on my buy list.

5909484302_78a12f4eca_b.jpg

5985282678_db077d9b48_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Lovely books :applause:

Here in the UK, MIS was a hard title to find when I was a kid, I only really had a few. MGA & SA were easier to find just not the lower numbers.

I need to take a few new group shots for this thread.

Here's a different group shot for you guys. Overstreet Comic Book Price Guides #3 thru #42 consecutive.

OverstreetComicBookPriceGuides3thru42_zps7b7d797f.jpg

Thanks to a fellow boardie I was able to recently pick up #3, 4 and 5. The only ones I now need for a complete set are of course #1 and #2 but those are going to be very hard to come by considering my current comic budget (which is practically nil).

From two boxes of a 35 box collection I've taken on consignment. Nothing is worse than Good+. All the Adams covers are in F+ to NM. Sadly they all have dirt and tanning from being stored unbagged by the OO.

Group-2.jpg

Here's a different group shot for you guys. Overstreet Comic Book Price Guides #3 thru #42 consecutive.

OverstreetComicBookPriceGuides3thru42_zps7b7d797f.jpg

Thanks to a fellow boardie I was able to recently pick up #3, 4 and 5. The only ones I now need for a complete set are of course #1 and #2 but those are going to be very hard to come by considering my current comic budget (which is practically nil).

Very cool. I've got a thing for OPGs myself! Never could shell out the dough for the two ones though

guides1.jpg

Edited by tfa1998