• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Started rebagging and boarding back issues today. I kinda found the line in the sand for when comics got a little bigger from golden age to silver age. I need golden age supplies because most of these are a little to big for silver age supplies. :mad: So all the comics that were to big I kept putting in a pile....and then I spread them out for this picture. Some Atlas goodness in here!

62ac575cafca1caed9c543f556f8e59a_zps39627292.jpg[/img]

Started rebagging and boarding back issues today. I kinda found the line in the sand for when comics got a little bigger from golden age to silver age. I need golden age supplies because most of these are a little too big for silver age supplies. :mad:

But totally worth it . . . :hi:

Started rebagging and boarding back issues today. I kinda found the line in the sand for when comics got a little bigger from golden age to silver age. I need golden age supplies because most of these are a little to big for silver age supplies. :mad: So all the comics that were to big I kept putting in a pile....and then I spread them out for this picture. Some Atlas goodness in here!

To help with some of the clutter, I'd take the Adventures into Terror......just sayin' (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Cool Black Rider cover in the bottom right corner!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Only you could put that shot together bro, enjoy the re-bagging :ohnoez: what a task lol

Thanks bro! :headbang:

Smaller scale group shot. These three comics were the only ones published the first month after the Atlas implosion. October 1957. Sorting comics stinks. :mad:

5de960202a74bb12b6f65b7f55703e67_zpsa0cfadcd.jpg[/img]

Ship em over to me bro, I'll sort them for you ;)

Thanks for the offer Kevin. Here is one more group. I just ran out of supplies so this is the end. :cry: Even added a random DC someone gave to to try and sway me over to the dark side of the force. (tsk):banana:lol You can even see from the small corner that the DC is not as cool as all the others. :sumo:

c4158c6f27b9388de419337c8a7be6be_zpsd6630dc6.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the offer Kevin. Here is one more group. I just ran out of supplies so this is the end. :cry: Even added a random DC someone gave to to try and sway me over to the dark side of the force. (tsk):banana:lol You can even see from the small corner that the DC is not as cool as all the others. :sumo:

:applause:

DC = :cloud9:

(tsk)

DC = :sick:

12352492553_f659444d26_b.jpg

I have a lot more of these which I purchased in the sixties at the local drug store. I think these three are wash covers by Kubert.

Without looking them up, aren't the two on the flanks by Russ Heath? hm

(tsk)

DC = :sick:

lol

12352492553_f659444d26_b.jpg

I have a lot more of these which I purchased in the sixties at the local drug store. I think these three are wash covers by Kubert.

Without looking them up, aren't the two on the flanks by Russ Heath? hm

I think you may be correct. I only saw the signature on the one in the middle.

The cover on the left (GI Combat 102) is attributed to Jerry Grandenetti and the one on the right is attributed to Heath.

But they are all inked by Jack Adler. I'll use that as an excuse for my error.

Edited by BB-Gun