• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

This is a little 70s, but let's see the Feb72 issues with the .25 cover price experiment.

I don't have all of those... yet. But here's what I have so far. I also included Amazing Adventures 9 and Marvel Spotlight 1 since they have Nov. 1971 cover dates.

25CentMarvels.JPG

24 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

This is a little 70s, but let's see the Feb72 issues with the .25 cover price experiment.  :devil:

24 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

This is a little 70s, but let's see the Feb72 issues with the .25 cover price experiment.  :devil:

Geez, could you hop around a bit more? I have them all, but moving that many boxes to find them all and then to put them back....has defeated me before I even started. Haha 

26 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Geez, could you hop around a bit more? I have them all, but moving that many boxes to find them all and then to put them back....has defeated me before I even started. Haha 

I knew exactly how bad that would suck for you. Just messin' with you, man.

Nice cheat, tho, Dave!

10 hours ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

You need the girl stuff!!! Who does not want a Patsy Walkers Fashion Parade #1? I think I have two of em! 

I'm actually intimidated to start collecting those. They seem tough to track down, so I haven't gone down that rabbit hole...yet. There are still plenty of Marvel Westerns that I'm missing too, but I'm slowly working on those and a few PHMs as well.

10 hours ago, Readcomix said:

How about a Silver Archie keys group shot?

image.jpeg

Hey Readcomix, care to enlighten a non-Archie guy like myself as to the significance of these? I recognize the Betty & Me "Beat Off" issue from these boards, but what makes the others keys?

3 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

Hey Readcomix, care to enlighten a non-Archie guy like myself as to the significance of these? I recognize the Betty & Me "Beat Off" issue from these boards, but what makes the others keys?

The Mad House issue is the 1st Sabrina, while the Pals n Gals issue is the first Josie. Josie #45 is the first appearance of the Pussycats, and first appearance of Valerie. and B&V #75 is an infamous issue where the girls sell their souls to the devil to win Archie's love. 

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

The Mad House issue is the 1st Sabrina, while the Pals n Gals issue is the first Josie. Josie #45 is the first appearance of the Pussycats, and first appearance of Valerie. and B&V #75 is an infamous issue where the girls sell their souls to the devil to win Archie's love. 

Awesome, thanks and sorry for the noob question!