• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonah Hex Movie--First Footage

37 posts in this topic

Im thinking Jonah Hex would have made a better HBO/Showtime/FX/etc series instead of a 2 hour movie. The movie will need his origin, the villain who birthed his "powers" the girlfriend, and a long chase ending in the final confrontation with the villain.

but a cable series could be like the comic and the character. a series of shorter arcs, tales, villains, babes, shootouts, traps, etc. Sure he'd always win in the end, but isnt that why we like him? You could also have a supernatural episode or two if you wanted...where Hex rides into some weird little town unbeknownst what evil lurks (and will soon be shot dead!)

Punisher would work as a series too. His story is too "been there done that" as a feature film. But week after week of Frank blowing away the worst scum criminals as they conspire to kill him? watchable!

Justified is a good model for Hex TV. Send him off after a new bad guy each week.

Already I dont like the gattling guns on the side of his horse.

Over the top UGH

Yup, that was way waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top. Hate to say it, but it looks like it is going to suck big time.

yeah. as this was conceived during the mindset that spawned the Sherlock Holmes reboot I fear the kitchen sink extravaganza approach is what the studio wanted.

Id have preferred an Outlaw Josie Wales story better.

Already I dont like the gattling guns on the side of his horse.

Over the top UGH

Yup, that was way waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top. Hate to say it, but it looks like it is going to suck big time.

I'm sorry but if you had a pair of gattling guns on the side of a horse:

#1 it would burn the hell out of the horse

#2 the horse would drag you to the next county after it bucked you off

from scaring the craap outta her.

Wow! That looks awful. Think Wild Wild West meets Terminator 3 bad.

:gossip:

I expect to see lots of dumping of All-Star Western 10`s and Jonah Hex 1`s on Ebay after seeing this preview. :D

:banana: I'd love to get an inexpensive but nice ASW 10.

If DC wants people to respect their intellectual property, they should use their property intellectually.

Hear hear! or is it Here Here!. How can one fail so misebably on that logo? I am offended by the stupidity of the trailer, and I will not see this even though JH is one of my top 5 comic characters.

If DC wants people to respect their intellectual property, they should use their property intellectually.

Hear hear! or is it Here Here!. How can one fail so misebably on that logo? I am offended by the stupidity of the trailer, and I will not see this even though JH is one of my top 5 comic characters.

It's "Hear Hear." And I agree, this looks like a skipper.

Wow! That looks awful. Think Wild Wild West meets Terminator 3 bad.

:gossip:

I expect to see lots of dumping of All-Star Western 10`s and Jonah Hex 1`s on Ebay after seeing this preview. :D

:banana: I'd love to get an inexpensive but nice ASW 10.

That train left the station awhile ago. I'd hold out until the movie comes out and tanks. That's when you'll get the deals.

I didn't even watch the "trailer", but I can gleen from the poster the movies "feel". Agree with the other posters that said it should've been done more "Josey Wales" or "Man w/ No Name" feel. Based on the posters, it's more Matrix/Blade.