• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

Whilst I take reviews with a pinch of salt...half the time they simply hate the genre and their sneering tends to miss the point entirely...this concerns me greatly...

In its place, "Iron Man 2" has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines. A film series that started out with critical and commercial success will have to settle for only the latter with this sequel; Robert Downey Jr.'s return as Tony Stark/Iron Man will assure that.

For a film riding a wave of unbridled achievement from its predecessor, "Iron Man 2" begins with a curious sense of panic. Characters talk at once. Hesitant story lines launch in all directions. The soundtrack and music clang away, but onscreen, little happens until a big set-piece at a Grand Prix race nearly 20 minutes into the movie.

He seems to be substantiating his dislike and, if this is a correct summation, it is not what made the first film great.

I'm now expecting a pointless confusing, rambling CGI-fest...X-Men #3.5, if you like. :(

yes, saw this earlier today. the three reviews up on metacritic are all pans. i'm bummed- had expected them to get this right again. oh, and won't make much difference for domestic box office. will likely hit $400mm.

saw the movie or the reviews?

sorry- the reviews.

I highly doubt this will let me down as much as Watchmen did, but now I'm worried that it will indeed suck Brass ballz.
It'll suck Brass ballz! :ohnoez:

Does that somehow excite you? hm

lol No.

I find most movie critics worthless

rantrant

true dat.

dat true!

I've been worried about this movie from the get go. They got greedy just like they did in X-men 3 and Spider-Man 3. They got way to many characters and story lines going on at the same time. Spider Man 3 could have been 3 different movies if they tried. X-men 3 could have been 2 different movies if they were patient. Iron Man 2 has introduced War Machine, Black Widow and Nick Fury into the mix all at one time..to many story lines going on there. Iron Man's and War Machine's interaction and relationship could have been a movie all on it's own.

You speak the truth! (thumbs u

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight are the best comic book movies in my opinion. I was VERY happy how Nolan treated the sequel. (He didn't do what was noted above to it)

2c

I've been worried about this movie from the get go. They got greedy just like they did in X-men 3 and Spider-Man 3. They got way to many characters and story lines going on at the same time. Spider Man 3 could have been 3 different movies if they tried. X-men 3 could have been 2 different movies if they were patient. Iron Man 2 has introduced War Machine, Black Widow and Nick Fury into the mix all at one time..to many story lines going on there. Iron Man's and War Machine's interaction and relationship could have been a movie all on it's own.

You speak the truth! (thumbs u

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight are the best comic book movies in my opinion. I was VERY happy how Nolan treated the sequel. (He didn't do what was noted above to it)

2c

It will be interesting to see if he can stay the course if he does a Batman 3.

bad reviews or not, the movie is still gonna make $300 million, just look at transformers 2.

Exactly.

And all the disappointed fanboys in the world won't be able to compete with the bottom line.

Yep, and it'll still be a STINKER!