• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Post any GA book you've owned at least 3x or more**

63 posts in this topic

Since Gator has owned 15 copies of Tec 31 (and many other books), I thought it would be cool for everyone to post any GA book they have owned at least 3 times. Whether it's the same copy 3x or three different copies--post away (thumbs u

All Select 2

1st Copy

G/VG, purchased in 2001 from Harley Yee for $450. Sold for $750 two years later when I upgraded.

AllSelect2-MycopysoldtoRStarr.jpg

2nd Copy

Old label CGC 5.5 cr/ow

Lost this on eBay in 2000 to a sniper at $2000+. Owner offered it back to me in 2003 for $1500 (no idea why they took a $500 loss (shrug) ) I quickly wrote the check :)

Owned it 4 years, then traded it straight across to Matt Nelson in 2006 for my first Pre Robin, a Tec 37 in 6.0 Mod(P).

allSelect2front.jpg

3rd (current) Copy

VG+ (raw)

Owned this copy concurrently with the 2nd copy for about a year before trading copy 2 to Matt. This is my current book (with hopes in upgrading)

AllSelect2FC.jpg

Human Torch #8

1st Copy

VF- (raw) 1996. Was in 1994 Sotheby's auction. I don't have a scan of it :( , but I think MCMILES owns it now in a CGC 5.5 ow/w. Pretty copy. I ended up trading it +$1,800 to Ted Vanliew in 1997 for a G/VG Marvel Mystery 9 :banana:

2nd Copy

G/VG. Got a copy back 10 years later courtesy of Jim Payette. Paid about $700 and then sold it to VTcomics-Yannis-and now another board member (Bruce?) owns it.

Human_Torch__8_FC_My_Copy.jpg

3rd Copy

Upgraded to this copy in 2009 from Quality Comix.

MyTorch8CGC40crow.jpg

4th Copy (current)

traded copy 3 + a 3.0 Cap 28 to get this one from RedFury (Todd) (thumbs u

Prior to that Nearmint's who got it from Silver Surfer.

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

That 4.5 was a beauty. Now that I think of it I've owned at least 2 HT#8's and 3 HT#12's (Podboy has my old copy, just a smoker).
yep, and my 4.5 would press higher into a 5.5 or maybe 6.0, but I normally don't do that sort of thing. Keep it original (sort of) :grin:

Marvel Mystery 9

1st Copy

I was fortunate to own this Timely grail for the first time back in 1997. Traded my (then) VF- Torch 8 + $1,800 to Ted VanLiew for this puppy. He had it graded VG/F in his catalog. Three years later when CGC was born, I sent it in and it received a 3.0 cr/ow. I still did good. I think. ;) Held onto it for 8 years, then, fell into stupidity, and sold it (and a 4.0 Cap 3) on CLINK in 2004 to fund high grade, early FFs. Why? I don't own any of those high end FFs anymore.

marvelmystery9cgc30myol.jpg

2nd Copy

Took me 4 years to get a copy back. Had to settle for a copy with no BC. Paid $1700 from Terry's Comics. Flipped to Silver Surfer for $3k (after I had my upgrade) in 2008, which he flipped to another board member.

marvelmystery9fa.jpg

3rd Copy (thank you Billy Parker)

Was able to pitch a straight trade to Parker in Summer '08 for this upgrade in x-change for a Tec 33 CGC 4.5 ow/w. It's one of my favorite trades in the hobby for sure (thumbs u pretty nice colors for a low grade.

Marvel9CGC30NEWBOTTOM.jpg

Human Torch #8

2nd Copy

G/VG. Got a copy back 10 years later courtesy of Jim Payette. Paid about $700 and then sold it to VTcomics-Yannis-and now another board member (Bruce?) owns it.

Human_Torch__8_FC_My_Copy.jpg

Yup. That copy is not going anywhere.

Bruce