• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow

90 posts in this topic

since i am new too this can some one explain the term miswraps

Seriously, it's when the cover does not line up perfectly straight along all edges. You can see the white area by the spine, that's a miswrap. If it were perfectly wrapped the staples would hit perfectly between the front and back cover.

You and Dicex really need to give us the Low down on your competing sig lines. hm

Seriously, it's when the cover does not line up perfectly straight along all edges. You can see the white area by the spine, that's a miswrap. If it were perfectly wrapped the staples would hit perfectly between the front and back cover.

You and Dicex really need to give us the Low down on your competing sig lines. hm

His was the first...the primary....the number one.

Mine is nothing but a pale imitation, an homage, to the originator.

Although Gina still wants me more. That's obvious.

thanks now i know :insane:

I am glad this post got started. When people post CGC books like this one it gives me perspective on defects allowed in certain grades.

I bet most people here would have downgraded that miswrap at least a .5

Did CGC even downgrade for the miswrap or was that the only defect this book had?

The title "wow" is appropriate but not for the reason 8mile posted it for. I want to be best friends with the person who paid $4500 on that book as that person must have allot of money to burn.

What's going to happen to that books value when the general collecting public realizes CGC's grade can vary one point? I am not dumping on CGC, they do an awesome job overall .

In the end I agree with the others who said a x-men #1 would have been a far better investment as I just can't see spending that kind of money on a bronze book, 9.8 or not. 2c

I don't mind the wrap on that book and I would be pleased to own it. However, as a CGC 9.8 I'm sure if I had the money I would just wait for a better wrap.

The next book on my personal keys list.

I don't like the wide cover miswrap or the misalignment of the top staple. Certainly, the book shown seems to be very fresh, sharp and bright-looking, but there must be ultra high-grade copies out there which present much better overall, and which would be far more deserving of a 9.8 grade assignment.

I would rather own a nicely presenting, well registered 9.4, with maybe a couple of mm of light scuffing, and pay a small fraction of that 9.8 price. (thumbs u

RADB47512010429_123825.jpg
Geez, you guys are harsh.

It dosen't look that bad to me. This would be a great book to get Signed.

+1

Miswraps never bothered me, it's an unfortunate flaw in the printing process not a defect in the condition of the book. 2c