• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sad day in our house

56 posts in this topic

A very sad day in our home as my wife and I awoke to find our dear friend and cat, Han Solo, had passed away during the night. He went to my room where all of my comics and action figures were and where we spent a lot of time together hanging out, him chasing wadded up paper I would throw everywhere, and him listening to me complain anything and everything (often times about how frequently I set a new GPA high sale price).

He was 13 years old and had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure some 8 years ago. The vet gave us 3-6 mos. Hans retained his youthful spirit all this time while on a daily regimen of enaripril, plavix, flourisimide, digoxin (pardon my spelling if I am off), and a once a month trip to have excess fluid drained off his chest and abdomen. The toughest job of giving him his meds twice a day and bringing him to the vet fell on my awesome wife Tonya, while I have been deployed and gone from home pretty often these last 9 years. He remained playful, hungry (that is when "Mr. Bitey" would come to visit!), and outgoing up until the last 72 hours when he just looked tired. He lay next to me while I slept last night, got up to go make his nightly rounds, and did not come back.

He loved people and knew exactly when a snuggle or a sit in someone's lap was needed. Tonya and I don't have kids, and our four-legged babies are our kids. It was very hard to put him in a basket with blankets and his favorite toy and bring him to the vet for cremation. It is hard to type this now.

I am fortunate Hans was able to pass on at home. He sure hated the car (You can imagine his discontent at making our recent move in the back of the Suburban from North Carolina to California) I am fortunate to love and have been loved by such a special little guy.

I do not recall who passed on "The Rainbow Bridge" a few weeks back, but I thank you for it, as it does bring my wife and I great comfort now.

Thank you all for letting me get this out. I wish you and yours all of the best!

My Buddy Cat

HanSolo.jpg

Chris