• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first comic cover debuts tomorrow for FCBD!

83 posts in this topic

First time poster, though I have been lurking for a couple of weeks just reading as I'm just getting back into the hobby.

Though I have no children and this variety of comic is not really for me I did find one copy at my LCS this afternoon and picked it up.

Beautiful cover, congrats.

First time poster, though I have been lurking for a couple of weeks just reading as I'm just getting back into the hobby.

Though I have no children and this variety of comic is not really for me I did find one copy at my LCS this afternoon and picked it up.

Welcome to the boards!!

Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone!! You guys rock! :headbang:

Today was nice. The LCS was packed and I drew nonstop while I was there. Everyone loved the free drawings! There were a lot of new readers picking up the comic and also Korgi Book 1 and 2.

Weirdest sketch of the day: My first Harley Quinn drawing with her holding an axe in one hand and a severed Joker head in the other (ala Crime Suspense Stories #22)! Actually, it came out cuter than it sounds. :sick:

Funniest sketch of the day: A costumed Stormtrooper from the 501st legion with his parents screaming with pride behind him, "That's my boy!"

I hope everyone enjoyed Free Comic Book Day 2010!!

I went to 2 of the larger LCS in suburban Vancouver, BC (Big Pete's and Talkin' Illustrations). Both said they did not support FCBD this weekend because it costs them $300 to $500 for these "free" comics to help the publishers promote their titles. Some of the chatboards (e.g. Lone Star Comics in USA) are reporting that collectors were upset that they were only allowed their choice of 3 of the free comics instead of grabbing all of them and then not spending any $$ on other items in the hobby shop and posting their negative comments.

My LCS gave collectors the opportunity to choose any back issue tagged at $6 or less or any recent comic book off the rack (from last Wed.) as their FCBD item. This gives the fan extra flexibility (e.g. ASM, X-men, Batman, Donald Duck, Simpsons) and removes an older back issue from overstock.

My LCS was jammed pack all day. Said he had the best FCBD ever. Was reading a 2007 story about how those books cost anywhere from 12 cents to 60 cents each.

Amazing how they make the store owners foot the bill on that stuff.

This looks like a good book for my 7 year old, and when I stopped in to the few LCS none of them had this book or any other kids book outside DC kids.

FCBD seems to be the perfect way to get younger kids involved in comics,but it seems like the dealers just do not order the kid books. Which is a shame I am hoping one of my 3 girls will get into the hobby, but with the lack of decent kid titles it is hard

Welcome to the boards!!

Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone!! You guys rock! :headbang:

Today was nice. The LCS was packed and I drew nonstop while I was there. Everyone loved the free drawings! There were a lot of new readers picking up the comic and also Korgi Book 1 and 2.

Weirdest sketch of the day: My first Harley Quinn drawing with her holding an axe in one hand and a severed Joker head in the other (ala Crime Suspense Stories #22)! Actually, it came out cuter than it sounds. :sick:

Funniest sketch of the day: A costumed Stormtrooper from the 501st legion with his parents screaming with pride behind him, "That's my boy!"

I hope everyone enjoyed Free Comic Book Day 2010!!

I am a decent artist myself....a professional off and on for about 10 years...and I find myself with a strong urge to seek out some of your original art, Darth. Is there a website. Any pages with that cool tree ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

that's cool. the shop we went to didn't have that one though. my son would have liked it, he ( 4 1/2) was so psyched about all the free comics, particularly because they were mainly geared toward kids. i felt bad i happened to have only about $4 with me when I dropped by the shop, so I didn't spend much, just picked up a couple of cheapy books. i really out to make an effort to drop by this particular shop, which is near (2 miles) my house but not convenient for my daily routine.

Did these come out yet??

owly1.jpg

owly2.jpg

owly3.jpg

Yes, those were the books from the last three Free Comic Book Days. All of them feature a short Korgi story on the inside. The new one was just released this past Sat and is the first time I did the cover art for it.

Thanks again for the nice words gang!