• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 3 July 20,2012

55 posts in this topic

How about Lazarus-Resurrected-Crazy Ra's Al Ghul....

Maybe? (shrug)

I would keep Two-Face as the main villain and play on the whole Batman/Bruce Wayne wanting to help save him as the main plotline. A corporate battle with the Chinese dude would be fun, and at the end I would have Ra's coming out of the shadows in a board room discussion with him.

How about Lazarus-Resurrected-Crazy Ra's Al Ghul....

Maybe? (shrug)

I would keep Two-Face as the main villain and play on the whole Batman/Bruce Wayne wanting to help save him as the main plotline. A corporate battle with the Chinese dude would be fun, and at the end I would have Ra's coming out of the shadows in a board room discussion with him.

Im totally digging the Chinese guy and Ras having a corporate takeover (thumbs u

I believe two-face would be a foil in the 3rd movie. It only makes sense for him to come back. Theres no way hes dead....

One rumor I read is that Harvey Dent/Two Face will return in flashbacks, but Nolan is adamant that the character died at the end of TDK.

Dark Knight could have been improved by cutting 30-40 minutes and Two-Face from it.

I agree,

I also think Batman Begins is the superior movie :cloud9:

I believe two-face would be a foil in the 3rd movie. It only makes sense for him to come back. Theres no way hes dead....

I agree.

If I were Nolan, I'd take questions about whether or not Two-Face is dead as an insult. It's like asking him "are you a hack writer like all the ones who brought those heroes and villains back to life the last few decades?" :eyeroll:

Both Nolan and Aaron Eckhart have already said in multiple interviews since The Dark Knight first came out that Two-Face is indeed dead. There's so little doubt about it in the film that if he were to bring him back for some reason, I'd have to conclude he's on crack to make such a bad decision. :insane:

Why Nolan? quit while your ahead... How in the hell can he possibly top Dark Knight. IMHO a 3rd installment is going to be a let down. I would hate to see what he has done so far go the way of the first run of Batman movies started back in 89 We shall see tho. I hope it will be good :wishluck:

:ohnoez:

Dark Knight could have been improved by cutting 30-40 minutes and Two-Face from it. Nolan seems to care about the franchise. We ought to give him a chance.

Yes I agree so hard.

While I loved TDK and can say it is one of my favorite movies, I am not so certain about a third movie. How can Nolan top himself? I know he cares about this franchise, and he is a good director, but even good, carefull directors slip up. I do hope I'm wrong tho, and this movie blows me into the next century.

Also I'm banking on Catwoman being in it.

He's never made a bad film yet... One thing Nolan is great at is pacing,so If anyone can make a film as good as the first 2, it is Nolan...Have some confidence in him.

Why Nolan? quit while your ahead... How in the hell can he possibly top Dark Knight. IMHO a 3rd installment is going to be a let down. I would hate to see what he has done so far go the way of the first run of Batman movies started back in 89 We shall see tho. I hope it will be good :wishluck:

:ohnoez:

Dark Knight could have been improved by cutting 30-40 minutes and Two-Face from it. Nolan seems to care about the franchise. We ought to give him a chance.

Yes I agree so hard.

While I loved TDK and can say it is one of my favorite movies, I am not so certain about a third movie. How can Nolan top himself? I know he cares about this franchise, and he is a good director, but even good, carefull directors slip up. I do hope I'm wrong tho, and this movie blows me into the next century.

Also I'm banking on Catwoman being in it.

He's never made a bad film yet... One thing Nolan is great at is pacing,so If anyone can make a film as good as the first 2, it is Nolan...Have some confidence in him.

+1 .....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree.

If I were Nolan, I'd take questions about whether or not Two-Face is dead as an insult. It's like asking him "are you a hack writer like all the ones who brought those heroes and villains back to life the last few decades?" :eyeroll:

Both Nolan and Aaron Eckhart have already said in multiple interviews since The Dark Knight first came out that Two-Face is indeed dead. There's so little doubt about it in the film that if he were to bring him back for some reason, I'd have to conclude he's on crack to make such a bad decision. :insane:

Its just soo hard to think of a credible villain for the 3rd movie that you cant help but wish two-face would be in it. Its not like the joker can be back in it... :( But i get what your saying about then saying two-face is dead which is a bummer. No one really thinks the 3rd one will be better than TDK, but i think it was just a bad decision to kill two-face in TDK where he could be such an awesome villan for the 3rd one

As far as credible villains, how about Clayface or Killer Croc? Croc played a great part in the recent Batman: Arkham Asylum game, so at least there is some recognition with part of the general public (at least the video game kiddies). And Clayface (via cgi) could be made into a very impressive villain onscreen.... Or Nolan could be completely crazy and go with Solomon Grundy, that I would love!. And these villains would not be compared to Joker from Dark Knight, they are so different from a Joker-type villian.

but I don't hold out hope for these, it will be a old standby like Catwoman, Riddler or Penguin, and they will certainly be compared to Ledger's Joker, and never measure up

I agree.

Its just soo hard to think of a credible villain for the 3rd movie that you cant help but wish two-face would be in it. Its not like the joker can be back in it... :( But i get what your saying about then saying two-face is dead which is a bummer. No one really thinks the 3rd one will be better than TDK, but i think it was just a bad decision to kill two-face in TDK where he could be such an awesome villan for the 3rd one

Good potential 3rd movie villians:

Zsasz

Killer Croc (CGI)

Black Mask

Hugo Strange

Professor Pyg

I agree.

Zsasz

Killer Croc (CGI)

Black Mask

Hugo Strange

Professor Pyg

Would be perfect in Nolans Batman.

Any chance a character like the Riddler could be made to be more sinister than comical?

The Scarecrow seemed to be a good look for live action, could he play a part?

Two-Face was my favorite Batman villain and had a great backstory. Killing him off was a mistake, but ded is ded, it's not like this is some comic book pretend story.

I agree.

Zsasz

Killer Croc (CGI)

Black Mask

Hugo Strange

Professor Pyg

That would be my choice, something different then Penguin,Riddler or Catwoman again.

HugoStrange01.jpg

The guy has such a deep list of villians it's crazy that they don't use them.

I agree that Hugo Strange would be great.

Any chance a character like the Riddler could be made to be more sinister than comical?

I'd say yes--the Joker was already a similar challenge to pull off as realistically insane, yet they pulled it off beautifully. I don't read a lot of DC, but from what I have read and from all the movies and cartoons I've seen, the Ledger Joker was the most realistic I've encountered. :cloud9:

The Riddler would fit into Nolan's world since it's all about a mind game with the Riddler, Catwoman will prolly make an apperance since they need a new love interest. Hugo Strange isn't popular enough to make an apperance. Killer Croc won't show up since he'd have to be cgi and Nolan doesn't do hardly any of that.

I'd say yes--the Joker was already a similar challenge to pull off as realistically insane, yet they pulled it off beautifully. I don't read a lot of DC, but from what I have read and from all the movies and cartoons I've seen, the Ledger Joker was the most realistic I've encountered. :cloud9:

I'd agree. But for Riddler to be sinister instead of comical in a Nolan Batman movie, he'd have to be taken quite far in the sinister direction. Think Hannibal Lechter in a green suit.