• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pgm: SHOWCASE 22

12 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'd love to get some input and your thoughts on this book.

It has a huge piece of the last page missing.

The bottom staple at the centerfold is detached.Everything else as seen.

Will it get a Universal low grade label? or a Green (Q) label "Incomplete,Does not affect story"" ? or will it get returned to the seller? :gossip:

It was purchased as a VG,with the note of a "chunk" missing from last page.

You probably have seen this book listed for sale.

Over graded and under disclosed?

Thanks...

ss22may001.jpg

ss22may002.jpg

IMGP1111-1.jpg

IMGP1112-1.jpg

IMGP1114-1.jpg

Probably won't get a green label as it wasn't otherwise HG so this is just an added defect.

I'd call it a 1.5/1.8, eye appeal is there, but it's missing a large chunk with a detached CF.

1.5 is appropriate with that chunk missing. I have seen CGC issue Green Label 4.0 for a book that has an entire non-story page removed.

But still this book is worth no more than 1.5 value (maybe a tad more, cause it displays well). Any experienced dealer that sold that as VG is trying to see what they can get away. However you note they sold it as "VG but has a chunk missing from last page", kind of sounds like they were disclosing the problem and saying 1.5 in a non-direct way (like buying a pre-owned car aye).

Good luck.

1.5 is appropriate with that chunk missing. I have seen CGC issue Green Label 4.0 for a book that has an entire non-story page removed.

But still this book is worth no more than 1.5 value (maybe a tad more, cause it displays well). Any experienced dealer that sold that as VG is trying to see what they can get away. However you note they sold it as "VG but has a chunk missing from last page", kind of sounds like they were disclosing the problem and saying 1.5 in a non-direct way (like buying a pre-owned car aye).

Good luck.

too bad they didn't mention the detached centerfold at bottom staple either..

book was returned this morning express mail...expect to see it back listed on ebay again soon.

1.5 is my guess as well. I had a similar exterior condition ASM #1 with a smaller piece missing from the right side of the second page that affected the story panels that graded out at 1.5.