• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bing Cashback No Longer on Ebay?

14 posts in this topic

Bing Link

Try this...

(thumbs u

But it sounds like there's maybe a transition going on - lots of talk on numerous message boards that people couldn't get anything to work. Maybe hold off for a day and try again.

I always use Bing cashback whenever I hit any BIN's on Ebay, but for some reason, I can't get it to work anymore. Is anyone else having the same problem?

had the same problem yesterday... couldn't get the Ebay to show in bing stores,or when trying to search ebay...

so thru bing,signed in to my cash back account,i searched a specific item,it came up with a direct ebay link,and i was already logged into ebay thru another window..so it finally camre to the "my ebay" page,and showed the cash back symbol..so yes,it is still there as of yesterday.

Can you tell us how much cash back you get from this on ebay? Is it off of everything or certain things? I don't see the icon like you did with Bing when you sign on?

if Bing is gone from Ebay then maybe some of the sellers will lower thier prices,some have artificially put higher prices on thier books knowing people will get the bing discount and making the bing discount useless.
Bing Link

Try this...

(thumbs u

But it sounds like there's maybe a transition going on - lots of talk on numerous message boards that people couldn't get anything to work. Maybe hold off for a day and try again.

Maybe MS is gearing up for another run at 20-25% off eBay purchases like they ran at the start of the cash back program :wishluck:

Well, Here is a few examples.

Date | Store | Amount of auction win | Cash Back

04/25/2010 | eBay.com - | $15.77 | $0.45

04/25/2010 | eBay.com - | $10.50 | $0.30

It is not a ton, but can add up if you use ebay or buy online often. Plus with ebay bucks as a buyer ebay is a pretty good option (depending on what you buy).

This does not look good for the Bing cashback for Ebay. Here is Bing's response to the situation..

Hey Folks

I apologize for the confusion regarding eBay's recent change in the cashback program. Please keep in mind that cashback is a merchant-supported program. All sales, cashback percentages, and special events are set by that store's policy.

As far as I know, eBay is currently not participating in cashback right now. If you are unsure about any advertising regarding eBay and cashback please contact eBay before making a purchase. Thank you for understanding.

Kevin

a member of the Bing team

I wonder why Ebay pulled out from this program?

This does not look good for the Bing cashback for Ebay. Here is Bing's response to the situation..

Hey Folks

I apologize for the confusion regarding eBay's recent change in the cashback program. Please keep in mind that cashback is a merchant-supported program. All sales, cashback percentages, and special events are set by that store's policy.

As far as I know, eBay is currently not participating in cashback right now. If you are unsure about any advertising regarding eBay and cashback please contact eBay before making a purchase. Thank you for understanding.

Kevin

a member of the Bing team

I wonder why Ebay pulled out from this program?

greed :gossip:

Ultimately this will hurt Ebay more then it's going to hurt us at the end as I am probably not the only one thinking about scaling back purchases on their site. In any case, Zuckuss, I'll give Big Crumbs a shot since I have already negotiated a price with another member of the board and I don't want to leave him hanging.