• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Dealer badges just tripled in price!

53 posts in this topic

So, I get the email that you can buy the exhibitor badges starting real soon... problem is the cost is $200 each now!!!!!!!!!...not the $75 or $80 they have been in the past, but $200!!!!.. .what the heck?

One more reason why there will probably be fewer collectors (think of how many dealers provided badges gratis to their clients) in attendance and dealers of vintage material will be hard-pressed to match sales totals of previous years.

Guess $200 is "reasonable" if you were planning to line up for some exclusive toys, hollywood big-wig sig, but with the extortionistly :cry: high SD hotel costs, this may be many fan's last summer at SDCC. Anaheim, CA here we come!

Guess $200 is "reasonable" if you were planning to line up for some exclusive toys, hollywood big-wig sig, but with the extortionistly :cry: high SD hotel costs, this may be many fan's last summer at SDCC. Anaheim, CA here we come!
but, with a dealer badge you "don't" get to line up early, some artists won't even sketch for you unless you have a reg badge, etc...

just crazy, I tell you...CRAZY

I miss the good old days, when comic cons were comics. Those of you from Canada will remember the old OCA days, think they were Dragon Lady cons or Andy who put on the bi monthly or so cons just before Armon started.

These new cons suck. Less comics dealers, lineups to get in are crazy if you don't have a dealer pass and costly.

Bruce

So, I get the email that you can buy the exhibitor badges starting real soon... problem is the cost is $200 each now!!!!!!!!!...not the $75 or $80 they have been in the past, but $200!!!!.. .what the ....

Don't think of it as a bend over admission price. "Only" works out to $40/day from Wed. to Sun. including Preview Evening but not that many fans can afford hotel for that many nights! :devil:

So, I get the email that you can buy the exhibitor badges starting real soon... problem is the cost is $200 each now!!!!!!!!!...not the $75 or $80 they have been in the past, but $200!!!!.. .what the ....

Don't think of it as a bend over admission price. "Only" works out to $40/day from Wed. to Sun. including Preview Evening but not that many fans can afford hotel for that many nights! :devil:

the problem is that I pay for one of my long time customer's dealer badge (back when we had the toys, he always helped, and I always told him I had his badge covered)...

well, as far as our 4 free ones go, 2 goto bridget and I, 2 goto adam and daniele, and now I have to pay $200 :cry:

Anybody catch the Simpsons last night.

Lisa, proclaiming a number of "truths" false says, "Not all fat people are jolly."

Cut to Comic Book Guy:

"Would you be jolly if you thought Comic Con was moving to Anaheim?"

but, with a dealer badge you "don't" get to line up early, some artists won't even sketch for you unless you have a reg badge, etc...

So what does the dealer badge get you? I assumed that you would be able to get into the hall through a separate entrance and not have to wait in line. I've been to Comic-con 7 times and I am going this year, and I always thought it would be neat to have a dealer badge. $200 seems like a reasonable price for the easier access, but they probably limit the number a dealer can buy?

So what does the dealer badge get you? I assumed that you would be able to get into the hall through a separate entrance and not have to wait in line. I've been to Comic-con 7 times and I am going this year, and I always thought it would be neat to have a dealer badge. $200 seems like a reasonable price for the easier access, but they probably limit the number a dealer can buy?

First crack at all the books, since your not setting up, maybe even before some of the other dealers :gossip:

First crack at all the books, since your not setting up, maybe even before some of the other dealers :gossip:

A badge means nothing if you don't know the secret "dealer to dealer" handshake and manhug.

So, I get the email that you can buy the exhibitor badges starting real soon... problem is the cost is $200 each now!!!!!!!!!...not the $75 or $80 they have been in the past, but $200!!!!.. .what the heck?

Supply... demand.

I think the organizers finally realized that they've been really underpricing the badges in recent years, and have decided to reap the benefits instead of the scalpers.

A badge means nothing if you don't know the secret "dealer to dealer" handshake and manhug.

Ok, I will let the cat out of the bag. Buy a Buddha statue, practice rubbing the belly and when you get in early do that to Harley and your set lol

some follow up info:

We apologize for any confusion about the e-mail sent on 5/3/2010 regarding the increase in price for additional Exhibitor Badges. We like to clear up a couple of misconceptions.

You will still receive your original allotment of badges per booth, no change has been made to that number. Additionally, you still have the option (even though we are sold out to the public) of purchasing an attendee badge at the face value of $100 for you staff instead of buying them an exhibitor badge at the higher rate. You will be able to buy the attendee badges from the exhibitor registration site starting in June.

Over the past few years we have experienced a dramatic increase in exhibitors purchasing additional exhibitor badges. While we understand the need for additional personnel to help set up and break down of booths. Many of these badges have begun to appear on internet auction sites as well as an huge increase in people on the exhibit floor prior to the hall opening.

By increasing the price of ADDITIONAL exhibitor badges, beyond your allotment, it is our hope that they will not be purchased. It may be a net loss for us in terms of income, but we hope to reduce the vast numbers of individuals on the exhibit floor prior to opening who seem to shop, browse, or shoplift from other exhibitors booths.

Again, we apologize for not alerting you to this in advance and sincerely hope that by implementing this new price point, it will decrease the number non exhibitors on the floor, and next year allow for more purchasing public to attend.

Thanks for the $100 attendee update. Probably still worth the additional $100 fee to upgrade to the dealer pass just to avoid the crush of 100,000 sweaty :insane: fans behind you when they rush the con floor upon opening each morning at SDCC.