• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: It is the little things in life..

26 posts in this topic

You live next door to Captain Tripps?

I'm gonna' start looking into renting the tour bus. Dam60....you are resonsible for printing up the flyers.

Kahml, you are going to have to provide refreshements, but I think you can get away with a buck a cup for lemonade. Your wife cook? Good. A couple of pans of lasagna will do...$5 a head.

We should be there by about 2pm on Saturday. We promise to take our shoes off if it's snowing.

Wander over to the CGC registry. It's like the Captain's little museum!

He has so many high grade Pacific Coast books, I'm surpised you don't hear the surf coming in at night.

sign-funnypost.gif

this is too weird - i was just over in the registry and was once again totally awed by cpt's FF's when i noticed his spidey's, x-men's and DD's. that collection is just SICK!!! it's more than the mind can ever imagine!!!

and from the sound of this post ("i was taking out the trash and ran into doug down the hall") , it must be some frickin' Atlantic City shorefront penthouse we're talking about. those books are almost priceless!?!?!? shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Fellas,

I just somehow found this thread & think it's hilarious. Kahm is a great guy & a fellow collector and I love sharing some of my books with him, etc. When I see him in the building I always stop to talk with him and shoot the breeze about the books.

On a related note, I was at the Passover Sedar last nite at my parents & my brother's father-in-law was there and he had previously expressed an interest in seeing encapsulated, high grade books. He collects many things himself (pens, cuff-links, etc.), but not comics. Anyway, I did not disappoint. I showed him the AF 15, ASM 1, X-Men 1 & 2, Avengers 1, DD 1&2, JIM 83, TOS 39 7 FF 4. He was very impressed with the quality of the CGC holder and showed a genuine interest in the collecting aspect of the books. It really made me proud of my collection and of this great hobby. His wife thought the cover artwork was very good.

This is the part of the hobby I like the best. Sharing the books with other people and talking about the history of the medium and of particular books.

BTW, the Fort Lee post office has now closed the position of Priority Mail Receiver (being a lawyer has som advantages). Plus, I think I'm going to move to Florida!!

Hook,

Believe it or not, I am actually moving to Florida. My wife and I are buying a house, but it won't be ready until next year (brand new from the builder).

Anyway, some funny stuff on this thread. I appreciate the positive feedback. If you are serious about seeing any of my books and are in the Jersey area, let me know. I would welcome having you over for some beer & Avengers!!