• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw this over in "Copper" - Miracleman #15

141 posts in this topic

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think I have the money to get in this ball game :).

That's right Keith, go after that Ringo Flash splash of mine that you bid on instead, so that I can use those proceeds and maybe pay for 1/10th a panel page!

Malvin

We should have got 30-40 people together to but portions of the MM 15 cover :).

what do the interior Miracleman pages usually go for?

Publicly, in the last couple of years, prices have ranged from $500-12K. Both ends are extremes...most pages have settled in the low four figures. If the pages in today's auction are truly no reserve, there should be some decent deals.

Hard to say Gene, looked like the bid hit with the lot coming up almost simultaneously. There was a lot of action on the 'rape' page from Issue fourteen, 5K with the vig. Wow.

Looks like no Totleben for me :(

Did someone really just pay $45k (hammer) for the #15 cover?? :screwy:

I may, I repeat "MAY", have hit the wrong button there. :eek:

Just in case, is anyone in the market for a lightly used 2005 Toyota Highlander? I may need some extra cash.

Lewis Wayne? (shrug)

Auction houses are known to make crazy guarantees to secure consignments. Until it shows up on CAF or a known collector claims it, who knows what happened here.

Lewis Wayne? (shrug)

Auction houses are known to make crazy guarantees to secure consignments. Until it shows up on CAF or a known collector claims it, who knows what happened here.

Yeah, I wonder if the consignor was guaranteed the $45K level, especially since I know he had other firm options on the table other than consigning the piece to Heritage. hm

And I hope Chris is joking (above)! :eek:

Lewis Wayne? (shrug)

Yeah, I wonder if the consignor was guaranteed the $45K level, especially since I know he had other firm options on the table other than consigning the piece to Heritage. hm

And I hope Chris is joking (above)! :eek:

If I had actually hit the button by accident I wouldn't be posting here. I would be on the phone to Dallas with an alibi as to how my password was stolen, I was being held in captivity, and there was a terrible flood and a plague of locusts to get out of it.

There were only two pages I was tangentially interested in out of this batch, and they went above what a tangential interest would bid.

I thought there was lots of action on all the pages for the most part. Anything I wanted to buy sailed up there pretty quickly :(

Didn't want to walk completely emptyhanded so I bought the worst piece there was lol $101 stat page to be paid with my $100 coupon for having bought the illustration catalog subscription. I guess I'm out $1 and shipping :o

I think its awesome that someone stepped up to the plate and bought the cover though. Wow! 53k auction for a 1988 book. Some of you might think its crazy but I think this is just about the best book of the decade so while much higher than I would have guessed, I think its great that someone recognized the quality of the book. Actually lots of people from the spirited bidding on the other pages.

I think most art prices are crazy, but the cover to MM15 doesn't seem that crazy to me. This book is up there with Dark Knight and Watchmen, IMO, as one of the iconic titles of the period, and the cover to #15 is the absolute best image from the run.

in fact, all the MM pages seemed pretty reasonable, and if I weren't going for something else, I might have bought a few.

The pages finished about where I thought they would-- low four figures. I sat it out as nothing really grabbed me, but I think the buyers got pretty good deals overall. If these pages had been sold one or two at a time, instead of all at once, I believe the prices realized would have been higher.

Just speculating...perhaps the cover was guaranteed at $45K on the condition that the pages would be included in the consignment and be allowed to be auctioned at no reserve. hm

I think most art prices are crazy, but the cover to MM15 doesn't seem that crazy to me. This book is up there with Dark Knight and Watchmen, IMO, as one of the iconic titles of the period, and the cover to #15 is the absolute best image from the run.

I feel that way too although its not my 50k

in fact, all the MM pages seemed pretty reasonable, and if I weren't going for something else, I might have bought a few.

you know......... I agree that compared to watchmen/v for vendetaa and the like they were downright reasonable... but still more than I wanted to pay. The prices on these were a little too high for me, the prices on those other series are multiples of what I'd want to pay. Either way none for me :/

you know......... I agree that compared to watchmen/v for vendetaa and the like they were downright reasonable... but still more than I wanted to pay. The prices on these were a little too high for me, the prices on those other series are multiples of what I'd want to pay. Either way none for me :/

entirely true.