• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help a Brother out?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there! First of all, I am new to these forums, and I look forward to visiting/posting here often.

Second, I need a favour - if you take a quick look at my CAF gallery: https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7684 you will notice I present my comic art in a unique way where I scan the cover of the comic the art is from, as well as the final printed page from the comic, and I created a "production page" describing what the original art is all about.

I have some original art from comics that I don't [yet] own, and I am HOPING that you people out there wouldn't mind scanning some particular pages and emailing to me?

I need the following pages:

Batman Adventures (Vol.2) #15 Page 9,

World's Finest #186 Page 2,

Nightwing #119 Page 4.

JLA:Act of God #3 (can't remember page number - will find out)

Teen Titans GO! #31 Page 17,

Thanks for any help you guys can provide

murrayc [AT] cbcl [DOT] ca

I might have a copy of Batman Adv. at home.

If I do, I'll just send you the book. :)

Was looking at your CAF shots and man, I cracked up when I saw how organized they were, with the condition notes on there for every piece. By chance you aren't an insurance adjuster or accountant or something are ya? :)

-e.

Heh - no, I am NOT an Insurer or Accountant, but I do work as a CAD Technician for a civil engineering firm in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, so it must be the draftsman in me that wants to create a nice presentation.

Did you notice that these "production" pages are placed in a portfolio? Every time you turn a page, you see the production page on the left, and the original art on the right. It makes for a nice series of coffee table books.

Plus, when people look at my collection, I am not bombarded with questions like "what comic is this from?" or "who did the art?" or "is that a coffee stain?"

Murray, Welcome to the boards. I believe we exchanged a few emails via CAF regarding your collection.

I just LOVE the presentation of each page. Partly because it looks just great(and, like you said, all the info is there for the casual observer), but also because that presentation says to me that once you buy a page you'll mostly likely have it for some time and not flip/dump it next week. :golfclap:

Thanks for the kudos everyone. You are right, MNSN, I only buy art that I plan to keep. Besides, every time I see a page up for auction that makes me think "if I get that page cheap, I can flip it in the future for a nice proft and get what I really want", EVERYONE else ends up having the same idea.