• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAY FEATURED COMICLINK AUCTION!

398 posts in this topic

I guess I need to send them a check today

What did you buy Gator?

what else but a supes 14 of course (I am addicted, but it is about time to start selling some of them lol )

I guess I need to send them a check today

What did you buy Gator?

what else but a supes 14 of course (I am addicted, but it is about time to start selling some of them lol )
:hi:
going to sell about 10 of them starting in SDCC...that way, I can keep 5-6 copies for me :o

A cashiers check and a money order do not have to clear....they are same as cash. A personal check however could bounce so I understand the wait for that. Guess I'll just have to read my Superman 14 while I wait :baiting:

I think the whole fake MO and Cashier's check business that is so common nowadays causes them to hold the books, too.

You are correct and a cashier's check CAN be stopped. From Wikipedia:

A cashier's check (cashier's cheque, bank check, official check, demand draft, teller's check, bank draft or treasurer's check) is a check guaranteed by a bank. They are usually treated as cash[citation needed] since most banks clear them instantly. However, banks are permitted to take back money from a "cleared" check one or two weeks later if subsequent processing finds it to be fraudulent. Because customers believe the checks have been found valid and have been converted to cash in hand, customers are readily defrauded by schemes which ask them to part with goods or a portion of the money if it is cleared in a timely manner.

It is funny that I just now saw this thread. I spoke to Stu with CLink just this morning, wondering where a book was. I paid with a money order and was told that they are now holding books due the possibility of fake money orders. All I have paid with for the past 5 years have been money orders. Surely they can tell by now that I am not trying to scam them, but what are you going to do besides be patient? My book is scheduled to be shipped 7 days from now...and I paid for it over 2 weeks ago.

A certified bank check certifies that the money is there[in the account] but it can be stopped.So can any form of check.Even money orders. Not everone knows it.

I would think that alot people find this out by being the victim of this mostly unknown fact.

It is funny that I just now saw this thread. I spoke to Stu with CLink just this morning, wondering where a book was. I paid with a money order and was told that they are now holding books due the possibility of fake money orders. All I have paid with for the past 5 years have been money orders. Surely they can tell by now that I am not trying to scam them, but what are you going to do besides be patient? My book is scheduled to be shipped 7 days from now...and I paid for it over 2 weeks ago.

I think it's now actually better to simply pay Clink with a personal check. This way you can at least verify when the check clears. A couple times in the past I have called Clink and said the check cleared 5 days ago, can you send the books.

To date, they have always obliged. You can't blame Clink for being careful, I'm sure they have had incidents. But they are obliging of long term customers if you politely discuss it with them.

I recieved my purchases today. I posted them in the Superman thread. I guess i'll be calling Comiclink for reholder fees. Both slabs were cracked with a sizeable hole in one of them. No piece was found and they were well packed. I can only asume they were not damaged in shipping.

action38and56003.jpg

action38and56002.jpg

I recieved my purchases today. I posted them in the Superman thread. I guess i'll be calling Comiclink for reholder fees. Both slabs were cracked with a sizeable hole in one of them. No piece was found and they were well packed. I can only asume they were not damaged in shipping.

That's terrible. I agree they must have been like that before shipping. I am very surprised this was not noticed when packing. You should get more than simply

reholder fees. This should not have happened. Let us know what Clink says. Make sure you talk to the Operations manager or someone of authority at Clink.

Awwww......!! I am bummed to see/hear this c.donna. I so want CLINK to be the exception and be super good at taking care of their customers. They are battling with Heritage and Comic Connect for the top spot in comic auction sites y'know

Picked up this interesting piece of comic history:

ECNarrative.jpg

This was a great purchase Josh! A real rare fine. The interior story is fantastic too! :applause:

I have a slabbed copy as well, but fortunately I have the original copies that appeared in Print Magazine so I can read them as well.

Picked up this interesting piece of comic history:

ECNarrative.jpg

This was a great purchase Josh! A real rare fine. The interior story is fantastic too! :applause:

I have a slabbed copy as well, but fortunately I have the original copies that appeared in Print Magazine so I can read them as well.

You'll have to show those interiors to me next time I'm in D.C.. I'm real happy about picking this up.