• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question regarding the evil dead franchise

46 posts in this topic

EVIL DEAD // Horror Ranking 9 out of 10: Great scary stuff, unfortunately the FX

doesn't hold up to today's standards

EVIL DEAD II // Horror Ranking 10 out of 10: This movie is pure art and I wouldn't dare ruin

it for you.

Drag Me To Hell // Horror Ranking 8 out of 10: Definitely worth seeing, after ED2 -

just to see what he can do with a crazy budget with one of these.

(thumbs u

EVIL DEAD // Horror Ranking 9 out of 10: Great scary stuff, unfortunately the FX

doesn't hold up to today's standards

EVIL DEAD II // Horror Ranking 10 out of 10: This movie is pure art and I wouldn't dare ruin

it for you.

Drag Me To Hell // Horror Ranking 8 out of 10: Definitely worth seeing, after ED2 -

just to see what he can do with a crazy budget with one of these.

(thumbs u

+1 :applause:

:banana:Chris

Bruce Campbell is legend where Im from in Michigan.. I've met him a couple times, last time at the premiere of a little movie he did called running time... dude is the man... He and Sam Raimi are childhood friends, why he's in many of his flicks..along with Sams brother Ted...... and Evil Dead 1 and 2 rock... horror... Michigan style...

RANT - About ten years ago he would have made the perfect live action version of Plastic Man.. too old now I suppose.

Oh yeah... on to brag a bit...I actually held the book of the dead in my hands in person... the FX guy from the film was at a film school I went to years ago... that was cool... he also had the talking daggar from the Shadow...

i first got introduced to bruce campbell while watching briscoe county jr. (still one of my favorite shows ever), and have liked his work since, but i never watched the evil dead movies, mainly because i'm not at all a horror fan (except for the shining). recently though, army of darkness was on tv, so i watched the very end. i was stunned at how cheesy, yet really fun, it was. are all 3 films done the same style? are there any really gory moments in any of the films?

thanks

First two are more Gory then Scary. I was not impressed, but EDII was the better of the two. Army Of Darkness has to be my favorite, it was a real fun blast! :headbang:

i'll probably go backwards, since i know i'm gonna enjoy seeing all of AOD, then i'll try evil dead 2. if i like that, i'll watch to evil dead.

I disagree on this approach. I think it's definitely worth it to watch them in order. There is a continuity there and you get to watch the evolution of Ash over the course of the trilogy.

Evil Dead 2 is probably the best of the series. Bruce is pure genius and proves how incredible he is at physical comedy. A great trilogy to own and a must for any self-respecting horror/comedy fan.

WOW no mention of "My name is Bruce" where Bruce plays himself. It's more along the lines of Army of Darkness, and hilarious. I liked it better than Ho-Tep

Bruce Campbell is legend where Im from in Michigan.. I've met him a couple times, last time at the premiere of a little movie he did called running time...

:headbang: Running Time is an AMAZING little film, all shot in one continuous shot :o

Oh yeah, I :luhv: Bruce Campbell

Post your signed material, Steve. PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE.

hm

Ok......I have a quite a bit more than this, but here is what I have in my photobucket account ;)

new10.jpg

new11.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Oh yeah, I :luhv: Bruce Campbell

Post your signed material, Steve. PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE.

hm

Ok......I have a quite a bit more than this, but here is what I have in my photobucket account ;)

new10.jpg

new11.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

(worship)