• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel owned by Disney! My first proof!

14 posts in this topic

I have seen it! I think its the first reaction of Disney owning Marvel and Its very good!

Last night while killing time waiting for the 12:01 Iron Man I wandered into the large World of Disney store at Downtown Disney. In the boys room there was a two fixture display with Marvel Toys, t-shirts, trade paperbacks and COMICS!

The trades were all over at least half of the eight sides, the comics on just one of the eight sides but there were plenty of them and they looked like an old fashion store display where you could tell they had been plowed through many times bent and dis-organized.

I was smiling thinking how many kids bought there first comic book here! It was an awesome feeling!

If I can I'll get back there in the next few days and bring my camera!

:)

That's gotta be the last Disney store in the world...

Still, good to see them trying to get the merchandise out to more than just comic shops.

Not true, there is one at the River center Mall in San Antonio TX.

Or was your comment a joke?

I think I'm like the only person who thinks the Disney merge is a good thing, especially in the long run.

well its just like mixing apple pie with mustard and vinegar :sick: hopefully though Disney wont get in the way but will just help with funding

Not true, there is one at the River center Mall in San Antonio TX.

Or was your comment a joke?

Well it was mostly a joke but also an observation that Disney stores are more scarce than they once were.

Kingsley and I were at a mall in New Hampshire yesterday and I was commenting on the Disney store that is unchanged since we were kids. I was amazed at how long it's lasted as it doesn't seem like people shop there a ton as it's very very overpriced.

I think I'm like the only person who thinks the Disney merge is a good thing, especially in the long run.

I think its a great thing! You make the strongest comic publisher stronger and every comic publisher has room to get stronger. The only change I see Disney making is getting the comics in more places, this is our immediate proof, I think it will be just the tip of the iceberg.

I think it will be a great thing. Especially when high volume digital distribution hits.

I think its a great thing! You make the strongest comic publisher stronger and every comic publisher has room to get stronger. The only change I see Disney making is getting the comics in more places, this is our immediate proof, I think it will be just the tip of the iceberg.

The big negative will obviously be how Disney will protect their new properties in their usual litigious manner.