• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #1 and FF #1 Golden Record Reprints

17 posts in this topic

Sent these off for sigs and grading. We will see how everyone did when they return.

tortoise

ASM #1 GRR 4.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

TheDanimal

ASM #1 GRR 4.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

spidrvacc

ASM #1 GRR 5.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

I am going low and then I wont be disappointed lol

ASM #1 GRR 3.5

FF#1 GRR 6.5

I spent a few months trying to find both of these. there as close to the real thing as you can get. Do you have the record for them. The value of these jumps through the roof with the record since its hard or almost impossible to find. Again these are terriffic for someone who cant afford the originals and are hard to find. Took me a long time to find a good copy of Spiderman #1.

I spent a few months trying to find both of these. there as close to the real thing as you can get. Do you have the record for them. The value of these jumps through the roof with the record since its hard or almost impossible to find. Again these are terriffic for someone who cant afford the originals and are hard to find. Took me a long time to find a good copy of Spiderman #1.

Yep, I agree! I have both of these books in NM (no records though), and they are as close as you can get to the real thing without selling body parts to afford it!

With the small pieces missing on the front and back cover of the Spider-Man , plus the stains I'm going to have to say 3.5. :sorry: Maybe a shot at 4.0. CGC really downgrades for stains. The F.F. # 1 I would put at 6.5.

DRX

Sent these off for sigs and grading. We will see how everyone did when they return.

tortoise

ASM #1 GRR 4.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

TheDanimal

ASM #1 GRR 4.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

spidrvacc

ASM #1 GRR 5.0

FF#1 GRR 7.0

DRX

ASM #1 GRR 3.5

FF#1 GRR 6.5

I am going low and then I wont be disappointed lol

ASM #1 GRR 3.5

FF#1 GRR 6.5

and the verdict is in.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 Golden Record Reprint CGC 2.5

CGC notes:

Stains on bottom throughout entire book

Spine stress

Dents

Minor tears on right cover

Quite disappointing - DRX was right about CGC downgrading for stains

ASM1GRRCGC25.jpg

Fantastic Four #1 Golden Record Reprint CGC 6.5

We all did quite well on this one - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF1GRRCGC65.jpg

Cool books though.

BTW, why are these very first "variants" not part of the registry sets that include variants? I don't care a bit about all of the excessive variants produced in the last 20 years. The Golden Record reprints are wonderful books, classic and now rare and valuable. I consider my CGC 9.0 ASM 1 reprint a part of my collection. Regards,

Agree 100%. I have the ASM1 and FF1 and I consider them as valuable to me as any other silver age book. While they are ofcourse reprints I just dont look at them the same as my other reprints. And LoneTree once again , nice books.

Cool books though.

BTW, why are these very first "variants" not part of the registry sets that include variants? I don't care a bit about all of the excessive variants produced in the last 20 years. The Golden Record reprints are wonderful books, classic and now rare and valuable. I consider my CGC 9.0 ASM 1 reprint a part of my collection. Regards,