• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I'm blowing out 9.8 lore of yores in my sales thread.

To my knowledge, this is the same book that is available on comixpress for $3 here:

http://www.comixpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=223

I heard Bastian bought a few to sell originally, but it is an open stock run. Am I missing something here or are people getting scammed because they don't know it's still available from Comixpress?

these are CGC graded 9.8's, not raw books. Everyone here is aware they are available from Comixpress, but they aren't very careful shipping these books and high grade ones are harder to get. So no, no one is getting scammed...

Not that I care all that much but it is kind of annoying if you really did that...

so if you don't really care, why post? You can do whatever you want with your books. If ebay wasn't ok with this they wouldn't give you the option.

Sorry, you are correct, you can do whatever you want with your books. (thumbs u

these are CGC graded 9.8's, not raw books. Everyone here is aware they are available from Comixpress, but they aren't very careful shipping these books and high grade ones are harder to get. So no, no one is getting scammed...

Easy, I didn't mean to imply that you were scamming people with the cgc, yes a 9.8 issue is worth something, but the auctions on ebay imply that these copies are rare and limited.

I don't know much about Comixpress and I am honestly asking if there is any difference. As far as I understand it, there is no way to tell the difference between a copy printed in 2005 and if I just bought 300 copies from Comixpress and cgc'd them yesterday, correct?

Not that I care all that much but it is kind of annoying if you really did that...

so if you don't really care, why post? You can do whatever you want with your books. If ebay wasn't ok with this they wouldn't give you the option.

Yep, it's your book & you can do whatever you want with it.

But ... I'm fairly certain ebay is not "ok" with you ending the auction early to sell the item outside of ebay :)

I understand it, there is no way to tell the difference between a copy printed in 2005 and if I just bought 300 copies from Comixpress and cgc'd them yesterday, correct?

That's correct :thumbsup:

but the auctions on ebay imply that these copies are rare and limited.

Mine aren't on ebay and I didn't say they were rare and limited. The way you posted it was like you were questioning me, that's all.

Edited by chainnball

Mine aren't on ebay and I didn't say they were rare and limited. The way you posted it was like you were questioning me, that's all.

Sorry, I'm still finding my way around, just found the sale thread. Obviously the CGC are worth whatever you can get for it, no offense meant to you, just wanted to clarify what it was though.

It is quite disgusting that some ebayers are selling them as a "very hard to find book" though.