• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up Flash #110 during the last week of July from Shortboxed.

Flash117.jpg.d35d2126e4641f622ebf9a1a3f5ccad0.jpg

I purchased this book this week. Thanks to @GACollectiblesfor selling this to me!

Flash110.thumb.jpg.0b27416683cac6ba29463cafb651f1c7.jpg

Now, I only have four of Flash's Rogues to collect - Captain Cold, Mr. Element, Professor Zoom, and Heat Wave.

I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that I sold my copy of GSXM #1 CGC 7.5 to an IG user for $5,100. That was quite a bit higher than many other offers I received. The bad news is that, according to GPA, GSXM #1 has started rising again. In other bad news, IH #181 prices seem to be stagnant. Oh well. I'm satisfied with the sales price on GSXM #1; if, or when, I can sell my IH #181 for $9,000, it will basically cover the cost of my SC #4.

Congrats!! How did you find out about the Instagram buyer?

On 8/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, Wolverinex said:

Congrats!! How did you find out about the Instagram buyer?

I had posted both my IH #181 and my GSXM #1 on IG. I got numerous low-ball offers in the lower $4k range. And then one day someone PM'd me and asked if my GSXM #1 was still available. I told him my price ($5,250) was pretty firm. After some negotiating, I agreed to $5,100 with one payment of $3K and another payment of $2,100 fifteen days later. I think I could have gotten a little more money if I held on, but based on previous sales, the book was going down, not up. I'm not going to lose any sleep over a $150 difference.

Now I just need to wait for IH #181 to go up!