• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,492 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 11:28 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Nice copy!

TTA in general is a tough run to assemble, and the key issues are particularly difficult.

Thank you, yes TTA is tough, it is my go to run to pick up at shows. 

On 8/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Let me know if you find a #78 in 9.4, thanks.  That book is completely impossible to track down -- only 8 exist in grade.  :tonofbricks:

For sure, I live in the F/VF end of the pool so will be glad to keep an eye out.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, MGsimba77 said:

20210901_165037.jpg

20210901_165231.jpg

That's one of the first several ASM's that I purchased off the rack. I still remember the first time I saw it as a kid...  it was a true "WOW" moment. I was hooked with # 64, but my first was 58 ... they just kept getting better. GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 9/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, jimjum12 said:

That's one of the first several ASM's that I purchased off the rack. I still remember the first time I saw it as a kid...  it was a true "WOW" moment. I was hooked with # 64, but my first was 58 ... they just kept getting better. GOD BLESS... 

Love those stories man! 58 was out in 1967 so you go back a long way. Do you remember where you bought them?

A place called "The Newstand" in Raleigh, NC ... but I could be wrong on the name. It was near North Hills Mall. It sold Newspapers, paperbacks, Magazines, Hard Covers .... not sure what else, the comics were at the front ... Maybe a 6' by 15' section of wall. There were a LOT to choose from. They were real popular back then. GOD BLESS.... 

On 9/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I finally got around to upgrading one of the most important, and best, key books out there. Please leave if you disagree with this tall fact.

Perhaps I'll get one higher than 9.2 someday (anybody got 9.6/9.8?) but for now this should suffice....especially since it now has company on display.

E-JTDkzXsAE5rR4.thumb.jpeg.eaac5894bc4b760adc574d23ddd2395f.jpeg

That's a tall order!  :tink:

Congrats!

On 9/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I finally got around to upgrading one of the most important, and best, key books out there. Please leave if you disagree with this tall fact.

Perhaps I'll get one higher than 9.2 someday (anybody got 9.6/9.8?) but for now this should suffice....especially since it now has company on display.

E-JTDkzXsAE5rR4.thumb.jpeg.eaac5894bc4b760adc574d23ddd2395f.jpeg

That's so damn cool! I've never seen a stilt man figure before. Do the legs retract? Is there a DD figure from the same series?