• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
45 45

9,744 posts in this topic

Tax time being tight with the wallet, I still somehow managed to find the loot for this book! One of my very favorite early Ditko Spidey covers, I was literally jumping up and down to add this one to my collection! Tied as census topper, and those are the only two copies graded. 

Amazing Spider-Man 3 3.0 c-ow Mexican edition front.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 9:08 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Tax time being tight with the wallet, I still somehow managed to find the loot for this book! One of my very favorite early Ditko Spidey covers, I was literally jumping up and down to add this one to my collection! Tied as census topper, and those are the only two copies graded. 

Amazing Spider-Man 3 3.0 c-ow Mexican edition front.jpg

Cool! My first Spider-Man comic was this US edition off the drug store rack…

I was hooked from then on. 

On 4/10/2023 at 9:50 AM, Robot Man said:

Cool! My first Spider-Man comic was this US edition off the drug store rack…

I was hooked from then on. 

Thanks RM!!! It's one of my favorite early Spidey covers and see the differences between the American and the Mexican copies are fun for me!  :banana:

On 4/10/2023 at 12:09 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks RM!!! It's one of my favorite early Spidey covers and see the differences between the American and the Mexican copies are fun for me!  :banana:

I also enjoy running into cool foreign editions of US books I really like.

I probably wouldn’t list it as one of my favorite Spidey covers but it was the first Marvel comic I ever saw on the newstand and the one that launched me into the long dark road into the Marvel Universe.

I think #4 was even better. How could Spidey defeat the Sandman? An amazing super power to say the least…

On 4/10/2023 at 5:43 PM, Robot Man said:

I also enjoy running into cool foreign editions of US books I really like.

I probably wouldn’t list it as one of my favorite Spidey covers but it was the first Marvel comic I ever saw on the newstand and the one that launched me into the long dark road into the Marvel Universe.

I think #4 was even better. How could Spidey defeat the Sandman? An amazing super power to say the least…

I love both 3 & 4 but for a cover favorite, it's #3 for me. I'm not as keen on panel covers. I get panels inside the comic ... let the cover be a full scene in full color!  (thumbsu

Finally got this one back from CGC.  Was hoping for a 9.4 to beat out my 9.2.  I don't remember the corner being nicked. So this one I'm gonna sell or trade.  Got a bunch of mid grade Magnus books back as well, and also a #37 (Whitman Variant) CGC 9.0 which is the only one on the census.  I think I'll hold onto that one. :P

20230417_144612.jpg.4d5914601632c99df85b2a8ca61e40a5.jpg

Edited by EMazman