• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,511 posts in this topic

Cool, now I can say that I've seen a 9.0 with a chip. You're a gentleman and a scholar, Bob.

That ST 107 has an amazing spine, and great corners, to go with the white pages. Nice pickup!

I suspect that the minor spine stress on my copy of JIM 85, combined with the chip, are too high of a barrier to surmount to receive a 9.0 grade upon resubmission. Pity.

I've come across several cgc 9.0 books with "Marvel pre-chipping" (chipped, but still attached), but I have not found any examples thus far of a 9.0 with a chip.

See the Twin Cities Strange Tales #107 I just posted above. CGC graded it 9.0. It's an otherwise 9.6 comic with two small chips missing from the right edge.

As for the JIM85 from the Massachsetts collection, I bought it from Marnin in '94 for around $250. Those were the days...

:o

t137northland.jpg

:applause: Super tough book!!

Love that freakin' cover! :headbang:

:gossip: Where'dja get it?

It went through me.

Thor137NLsale.jpg

I think Foolkiller beat me to it when you sold it here on the boards and then I picked up the Pac Coast #157. I knew it was a 9.4 previously but its one of my favorite covers, very tough in high grade and its filling in my run of early Thor pedigree copies. :cloud9: Nice snag on the ST#107, I would have bid on that book a little more but to be honest there was just so many nice books to choose from and I knew there would be a battle for that issue.