• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

This site is a niche site. Using Alexa to judge the financial feasibility of continuing the site is not seeing the forest for the trees.

For every one person that posts on here, there are who knows how many who read the boards both as lurkers and 'guests' and who knows how many more who are told about it via word of mouth & etc out in the Real World. The site does untold magnitudes of difference for both top of mind awareness as well as brand recognition for CGC within the funnybook collecting niche.

Any money they get from clickthroughs is probably just used to pay for hosting. Or part of their hosting.

But isn't that the point though? It's value isn't just from clickthroughs. It's a goodwill developing machine. It's an advertisement vehicle for CGC itself. No one has discussed the Ebay referral link revenue I mentioned earlier either.

It's a playground for dorks.

I'd go one further: It's a playground for the King of Dorks and we are but his court!

This site is a niche site. Using Alexa to judge the financial feasibility of continuing the site is not seeing the forest for the trees.

For every one person that posts on here, there are who knows how many who read the boards both as lurkers and 'guests' and who knows how many more who are told about it via word of mouth & etc out in the Real World. The site does untold magnitudes of difference for both top of mind awareness as well as brand recognition for CGC within the funnybook collecting niche.

Any money they get from clickthroughs is probably just used to pay for hosting. Or part of their hosting.

But isn't that the point though? It's value isn't just from clickthroughs. It's a goodwill developing machine. It's an advertisement vehicle for CGC itself. No one has discussed the Ebay referral link revenue I mentioned earlier either.

It's my turn to play on the monkey bars.

It's my turn to play on the monkey bars.

In Mitch's case it's more like a dork for playgrounds.

As for the monkey bars...

Only two days to go...the atmosphere here is getting tense, if not electric.

1 day to go.... presumably the packing tape is being put on the shipping box as we speak!

PREPARE FOR SHOCK & AWE !!!

For interested parties, a poll is now open for placing Robert Beerbohm - aka BLBcomics - into the Hall of Shame.

This is an action initiated by board members, and is separate from his recent banning by CGC.

[edit] Here's link to view jaybruck43's brief summary of the events, and to cast your ballot:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7284873#Post7284873

Let me guess: He hasn't sent the pulps or a refund?

he probably sent the pulps AND gave a refund; i mean, he is a pillar of the hobby.

So, is it now official that Christmas, then New Year's came to pass, and Beerbong still hasn't shipped Matt his pulps? (shrug)

Big surprise there, I wondered why Mitch has been so quiet, must be hard coming up with yet another lame excuse to cover for his friend's thievery and scamming. :facepalm:

As a whole, I think we're a pretty forgiving people over time when someone owns up to their mistakes and makes things right.

But the "Lance Armstrong" tactics of repeatedly lying, denying, and impugning your accusers even when caught red-handed usually doesn't sit well with people, regardless.

And the Widow Bails? We're all anxiously awaiting the "World According to Bob" on that one, no doubt.