• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

Is your dog really a skunk? It is ok to admit you picked wrong :)

I've got a German shepherd/corgi mix that loves to escape and find skunks. Five times in a year-and-a-half she has caught one. Even using the H2O2/baking soda bath can't get her smelling clean.

Not to pollute this thread with more nonsense but do you have a picture of your dog? I really want to see a picture of a Corgi/German Shepard mix. hm

Short legs, big aroma.

No photos I have uploaded. I'll do it when I get home. Unfortunately, no smell-o-vision photos.

Cute!

Here is our latest addition, Lucky...

lucky.jpg

Very cute Richard! Just watch those kitties if there are any raw books around on the floor, the table, heck, even a high shelf (depending on how ambitious they are) -- as they sometimes like to piddle on stuff.

I speak from experience -- thankfully just a throwrug was marked, not any comics!

1. The pulps aren't in transit. They aren't in a warehouse in New York City, they aren't on a truck on I-80, they aren't in Bob's warehouse in Nebraska. They can't go to Matt because they have been sold to other people.

2. Matt is far far far more patient than I would ever be. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but I would have called my good friend Mark Zaid about six months ago. $3,600 is a relatively large chunk of change.

3. Anyone defending Bob at this point is - at best - naive. I frankly don't care how many years Bob has been selling comics and how wonderful he is and how great it is that he found Adventures of Olbadiah Oldbuck and how he opened the first store in San Francisco blah blah blah blah blah blah. Who cares? How is that relevant?

4. Just to be clear, let us review. A customer made an order for $3,600 nine months ago and the seller didn't ship it. If this was any other business we would uniformly be on the customer's side. Businesses in this country get crushed on Yelp for things that are significantly less bad than this customer service nightmare. Hell, Bob's lucky his business won't fold because of it.

5. I sell lots of comics. I'd be more than happy to (1) put up some cash to help compensate Matt for his loss and (2) spread the word to all the people I know. Just ridiculous.

TTT for an awesome post by FD. A shame that other dealers and positive individuals may eventually have to pony up $$$ to make up for the $$$ beerbong refuses to make good on. Perhaps that's how it will work out for Matt eventually. Maybe good ol' MM will pony up some scratch for the effort to repay what his good buddy, beerbong apparently will not.

If Mitch is gonna be repping Bob on the Boards, spiritually or otherwise, then I think both of them should be brought up for the PL and/or the HoS. I know I personally would never trust either with a dollar and I hope no one else would as well.

That's ridiculous. Being put on the HOS or PL for simply defending someone? Come on.

Id but or sell with Mitch with no qualms whatsoever. Defending a friend IMO much too far... doesn't mean you aren't trustworthy yourself.

+1

Unfortunately, Matt did make one mistake in this whole business. He should have demanded the full $3600 back immediately... not the pulps. Waiting for delivery of the pulps allows all of this deflection business we've seen, and we know it's impossible for him to receive everything he paid for. Plus it muddies the legal waters... it's easy for a court to demand cash payment... tougher for it to get involved in deciding if merchandise is as advertised.

Argosys are among the more common pulps, and BLBs price was probably no bargain anyway... at $10 a pop (or less) most of the issues could be obtained at a given PulpFest or Windy City Con.

BLB shouldn't need a time payment schedule... he sells comics all of the time, and even if he had to wholesale a group to raise the cash immediately, it would be the only decent thing to do.

Frankly, with all of the claimed health problems of himself and his daughter, I'm not sure why he doesn't divest all of his inventory to a dealer or auction in one fell swoop. If I had a loved one in need of healthcare I would do whatever it takes to make sure they have the financial resources they need to be made either better or more comfortable.

He doesn't have a physical outlet, which understandably might be hard to re-build. But as an internet /show dealer, he has the knowledge and ability to get back into buying and selling collections again later once he's taken care of health issues and made good on all of his debts. I suspect he has an inventory that would fetch in the 6 figures even at wholesale.

If Mitch is gonna be repping Bob on the Boards, spiritually or otherwise, then I think both of them should be brought up for the PL and/or the HoS. I know I personally would never trust either with a dollar and I hope no one else would as well.

That's ridiculous. Being put on the HOS or PL for simply defending someone? Come on.

Id but or sell with Mitch with no qualms whatsoever. Defending a friend IMO much too far... doesn't mean you aren't trustworthy yourself.

+1

Mitch never said he was "repping" Beerbohm. He has never defended Beerbohm's behavior. He tried to help resolve a nasty situation.

Several inappropriate personal attacks on Mitch have already been deleted by the moderators of this forum. Repeated personal attacks on him and attempts to publicly damage his reputation are unwarranted and do not add to the community of this Golden Age comic book collecting forum.

Never defended Bob, or Bob's reputation? Never?

Does all the resume touting (how many years in business, etc.) along with the entire JOACBC nonsense spouting off with regard to Bob not count as "defending"??

"Never" is a very complete and very total descriptor.

Mitch is enjoying this nonsense and the JOACBBozo thread was proof of his stupidity. If nothing else he should have been given a strike for posting that jibberish and as far as I'm concern he has contributed zero to these boards.

If Bob is not telling you exactly what is happening and is less then truthful with tracking etc, and is making Matt drive a couple of day's to "receive" the pulps

Do you still consider him your friend?

I don't think this question is going to get answered.

I don't know who the pulps are being sent to and the arrangement that bob has made with the other dealer.

When Mitch relays hearsay as if they were facts, he actively helps perpetuate the lies in the guise of an innocent, well-intentioned intermediary whose major fault is "I care too much about my friends".

Again I say guarantee your friend or clam up. Take your payback in books (5800+ on Bob's Ebay store) if Bob has cash flow issues. There are those on the boards who have done way more for folks they know way less.

I have read this entire thread and have to say that Bob's behaviour has been scandalous.

His failure to even attempt to complete the pulp transaction with Matt in a timely or standard manner, ie Matt pays cash and Bob delivers the pulps directly to Matt's home within a reasonable period, would have been sufficient for me to never purchase from him.

His failure to pay Jerry Bail's wife the money from consignment sales especially after his diatribes here on the All Star #8 is contemptible.

Is your dog really a skunk? It is ok to admit you picked wrong :)

I've got a German shepherd/corgi mix that loves to escape and find skunks. Five times in a year-and-a-half she has caught one. Even using the H2O2/baking soda bath can't get her smelling clean.

Not to pollute this thread with more nonsense but do you have a picture of your dog? I really want to see a picture of a Corgi/German Shepard mix. hm

Short legs, big aroma.

No photos I have uploaded. I'll do it when I get home. Unfortunately, no smell-o-vision photos.

Thank heavens. :sick:

I have read this entire thread and have to say that Bob's behaviour has been scandalous.

His failure to even attempt to complete the pulp transaction with Matt in a timely or standard manner, ie Matt pays cash and Bob delivers the pulps directly to Matt's home within a reasonable period, would have been sufficient for me to never purchase from him.

His failure to pay Jerry Bail's wife the money from consignment sales especially after his diatribes here on the All Star #8 is contemptible.

that's it in a nutshell.

Let's talk about associations...

We have a board member whose two best collecting buddies are a known scammer who fails to pay for books he wins (Theo Holstein) and a man who has a history of undisclosed restoration on books and who steals money from customers by never shipping books.

Yet this member is the most popular topic of conversation in the GA forum and almost everyone seems to take him as being serious with his statements as opposed to seeing they are being played. The fool makes a fool of everyone.

But that's the last I will say least I sound like a broken record. Just let this troll slip into the obscurity he deserves before one of his friends catches you in one of their scams.

:applause:

:applause: