• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

There once was a shyster by the name of Mitch

Who often times was known to be a bit of a *****

To the crowd he liked to primp and preen

Unpopular and unfortunately seen

Nothing of value ever passed his lips

Especially none of those little life tips

A mendacious obfuscator his ply and trade

The mission: a thousand drunk drivers, their freedom conveyed

Any way he could, he’d collect his gold

Allowing harm to the young, the innocent, the weak, the old

The man had not a bit of morality

With the exception of from within his own little reality

At night sleeping among the innocent babies

During the day, mouth foaming from rampant rabies

He’s squirm, he’d worm, he’d cajole and he’d whine

To the judge ever spoken sideways, his yellow crooked spine

Be content though, Mehdys words are not criminally libel

As they are most often truant quotes, come from a sullied Bible

One day the craven will get what he has so hardly bought

A life full of emptiness, loss, and as for meaningfulness, naught

So until that time do I advise Mr Ticket

Take your honey plied words and stick it

Stupendous!

Just gonna guess from Matt's retort that things are not going as well as Mitch is making things seem Pat. Just my 2c

Hey $300 in shipping would only cover what, over night delivery? :tonofbricks: Hey Mitch is Bob lying to you (again)?

Not necessarily SS. I shipped my computer (which weighs about 65 pounds) and that cost me well over $200 and that was ground....

Just ran it on my Fedex account and from NYC to Nebraska economy saver 4 day with 200 lbs 48x48x48 class 200 would be $900 bucks. Only way to get it down to $300 is to decrease the weight and size and ship it as class 50 which you CANNOT do with comic books.

He also said books had shipped but they’re slowed down by going ‘registered’.

Since we're talking about an in-country shipment, doesn't Bob's use of the word "registered" imply that the pulps were sent via USPS? (shrug)

Since we're talking about an in-country shipment, doesn't Bob's use of the word "registered" imply that the pulps were sent via USPS? (shrug)

That would make sense, but sense is the last thing that's been used over the last 9+ months.

Bob's had time to post on Facebook every damn day, sometimes many times a day about all kinds of topics (zoo animals, etc.) but a trip to the post office has been out of the damn question.

I know we're all still waiting to hear who this "magical" third party is. :eyeroll:

Matt, you are a saint for being as patient at you have been.

If all those pulps aren't ALL there you should light him up, legally, like the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

Don't forget he has been talking to Mitch every day too! 40 years of scamdom!

We have all come together on the boards... It has become a much better comic book world with this newfound closeness.

i'll bet matt would like to get his foot very close to bob's butt. very close, and repeatedly.

I know we're all still waiting to hear who this "magical" third party is. :eyeroll:

Danny Dupcak?

:o Had to learn malaprop for the LSATs and never had a chance to use it! So jealous :(

"Sure, if I reprehend any thing in this world it is the use of my oracular tongue, and a nice derangement of epitaphs!"

If it's not one thing, it's your mother.

for all intensive purposes, this sums it up.

Mitch:

Who cares what his shipping costs were? THEY WERE PART OF THE PRICE! If Bob spent $3,000 it doesn't change the fact that Matt STILL does not have what he paid for 10 months later. Unless there is an Action 1 AND a Tec 27 in there along with EVERY pulp Matt MIGHT be happy. Getting his pulps after all this time and with all the headaches Bob has caused him there is no way bagging and boarding them is going to fix that.

I think it should be up to Matt to let the boards know how he feels, if he feels the boards should not continue to have bad feelings for bob we should respect that.

I believe the boards have made a difference here, and I hope Matt and bob can com out of the transaction with some respect left in tact.

Folks, the great concern for this transaction is not the only thing this thred is about. Have we all forgotten the first page of this thread. Bob protected the widow bails and took on the cgc , Mano v Mano . That is not a easy thing to do without making enemies and thwart off competitor attacks.

Bob knew if he took on the cgc it was a 800 pound gorilla and he did not flinch.

I respect that. I know that it was in the past, but still he took them on , in cgc's home turf.

I believe in letting a man dig himself out of a hole, rather that kicking him. Back in.

It would be a real sad, if anybody, let alone bob were unable to do that.

I did some eBay searching for the first time in a long time and as soon as a mildly interesting book comes up with "B" I move on and it offends me that he's actually still listlng comics. The listings continue while this issue isn't resolved. Sorry Bob. Sorry Mitch. You two make a Sorry pair. But really what I'm trying to say is you both need a Pair.

The Troll The Troll

When will it end.

When Jerry Bails Widow's estate finally sues? Really....taking money from a Boardie and stealing from the elderly.

The Tool The Tool Tool's

Wow, I don't even qualify as a NY dealer.

I wasn't shipped the book.

Maybe they were shipped to Arnie Scheiman? He was/is in the Village and has been a comic, and art, dealer a very long time

I haven't seen or heard of Arnie in 25 years!

Wow, I don't even qualify as a NY dealer.

I wasn't shipped the book.

Maybe they were shipped to Arnie Scheiman? He was/is in the Village and has been a comic, and art, dealer a very long time

I haven't seen or heard of Arnie in 25 years!

It's been a while since I've seen him as well. I was hanging out at his apartment one day watching an NBA basketball game and talking about comics (of course) when the game was interrupted to broadcast the OJ "chase". That should give you some context on how long it has been

for all intensive purposes, this sums it up.

hm Mitch?

i'd bet he does think that's the correct phrase, but mine was an intentional malaprop, quoting "if it isn't one thing, it's your mother."