• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

A chat board where comic geeks posted,

intent to catch scammers, they roasted.

A newbie named Matt

proved Beerbohm was that.

Now Bob Beerbohm's rep has been toasted.

Mitch read each board limerick

and here to respond he was quick

"take responsibility" he cried

even though it's beerbong that lied

and his posts made us think him quite thick

Poem was harsh *towards Mitch.* As others have said, he really doesn't need to be defending a shyster but saying someone like Mitch has no morals at all because of what he does for a living is way over the line, I'm sorry.

I would certainly love to read a poem about Beerbong though, who would deserve it richly. How about it Matt?

I agree, I had +1'd it thinking it was about Beerbong. That's who deserves the poem. When I reread it, I deleted my post.

I enjoyed it, but Mitch while at the top of the whackadoodle list most days (OK, pretty much every day;) is not the

cause of Matt's trouble.

Great poem...wrong subject.

Always trust your judgement Sha, so the following is just an additional perspective, if an obvious one.

The timing of Matt's poem following some sanctimonious posts from Mitch makes it as clear as could be that he doesn't want Mitch claiming to be helping him.

Under the hypocritical guise of helping him, Mitch is helping Bob,and seeking to retrieve Bob's reputation - a lost cause. At least that is what I infer from the poem and in similar circumstances I think I would end up being almost as angry about Mitch as I would be about Bob. It's collateral damage.

Mitch has not been heard from since has he? Or have I missed his response?

A poem from Matt about Bob would be compelling but of course ill-timed while he is still in limbo about the phantom delivery.

Not withstanding it's all at Matt's expense, I must confess, fatigue over the whole grisly business has otherwise reduced me to malapropisms and three word responses.

God only knows to what it has reduced Matt.

Matt has my complete sympathy and had Beerbong has none. I understand where both of you are coming from...but from my perspective, Bob is acting like a crook and Mitch is just a dingdong...

NOT that there is anything right with that;)

but I tend to have more sympathy for those who are living on Earth 12.

Keep it on the top -- MM's blabbering and prayerfulness notwithstanding, nothing means squat until Matt comes on and notes Beerbum's made full restitution, one way or another.

There are things I could say, but it would be nice to know where this stands right now before diving in. Exactly one week ago today I made one of only a couple of posts on this topic. Within an hour of that post, I got a phone call from Bob Beerbohm (who I've only met briefly once or twice many years ago).

I expected he was going to attack me for a certainly less-than-complimentary post (he reads all of this, or has others copy it for him). But he never even mentioned it. He talked for an hour or so, but I told him it would be best to conduct any conversations by email, as it's difficult to tie up phones at work.

I also told him I would keep such exchanges private if he desired (a respect I would give to anyone). But instead he wants me to post.. and in fact wanted me to pass on his commentaries here on the boards, as he's expressed in 2 subsequent emails.

However, I told him I didn't think CGC would allow that, and would probably just delete them if I tried. I wasn't able to respond to him at length in emails until today, and I suspect he won't be happy with what I had to say.

I will say, for now, that from last week's phone call, he said the "first box" of pulps should have arrived last Saturday (Jan. 11), so it would be nice to know what the status of this is. Bob has suggested that he and Matt have worked things out (without providing any details) and that is why Matt hasn't posted follow-ups.

I don't really want to get involved in this whole mess, but things are what they are at this point. If things have indeed been resolved, then I'll leave well enough alone.

I will say, for now, that from last week's phone call, he said the "first box" of pulps should have arrived last Saturday (Jan. 11),

I assume this would be his choice of words?

As of now, no one here knows where those books were shipped.

I will say, for now, that from last week's phone call, he said the "first box" of pulps should have arrived last Saturday (Jan. 11),

The conversation was on Friday the 10th. He expressed that the first box "will probably arrive tomorrow". This, I assume, is to the middle-man. The middle-man was selected because he doesn't trust "the Boards", and wants someone he trusts to document what is there. Originally the source was 3 hours away from where Matt lives, but according to BB, he was unaware that Matt moved yet again, and is now 8 hours from the pulps' location.

That is all I have on the box situation.

Thanks for the info. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

Such odd logic (if you can even call it logic) to fail to perform for this length of time, with excuse after excuse, and use the alleged mistrust of unrelated third parties as an additional excuse to not perform and send Matt his bought and paid for merchandise directly and without unnecessary additional delay or detour.

So we are still at:

1. Matt has not received his pulps.

2. Matt don't even know who has the pulps?

3. Third party can be trusted, and not the boards? :roflmao:

4. If the missing pulps ever do show up, Matt has to drive 8 hours one way to pick them up?

The conversation was on Friday the 10th. He expressed that the first box "will probably arrive tomorrow". This, I assume, is to the middle-man. The middle-man was selected because he doesn't trust "the Boards", and wants someone he trusts to document what is there. Originally the source was 3 hours away from where Matt lives, but according to BB, he was unaware that Matt moved yet again, and is now 8 hours from the pulps' location.

That is all I have on the box situation.

It's brilliant. So funny -- nothing Beerbum has to say has ANY veracity until and if Matt posts to say he's been sent all the pulps, OR the pulps + refund of CASH, such that he is done and HAPPY with the conclusion.

It's "wonderful" that Bob doesn't "trust the boards."

Uh, Bob, the "boards" aren't a physical entity, you can't send the pulps to, or via "the boards."

Matt is the person you need to send the pulps to. Do you "trust" Matt?

Oh actually, that doesn't matter. Matt trusted you, has PAID you $3600, which you have spent, apparently, since you've offered no refund, and you've NOT delivered the promised product. The one IN VIOLATION OF A TRUST is YOU, NOT Matt.

Glad to know you have the capacity to read. I expect this thread will remain page one material, so you should have plenty to keep you occupied. Hey, don't let it dissuade you from sending pulps or a refund, though...

I would also be worried about ultimately getting paid by a buyer if they had already paid me the entire amount they owed me. Wait....wut?

How can you trust someone that pays you quickly AND in full?

A healthy dose of caution (and time) is advised.