• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearances in UK comics?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, Just wondering. If a character has a 1st appearance in a UK comic do we consider it a 1st appearance or is the 1st US appearance considered the 1st appearance even though it could be the 4th or 5th appearance globally?

Does anyone know if cgc grades and encapsulates UK Paper comics?

I'm not sure what you mean by UK Paper Comics.

But if you mean the newsprint magazine sized comics that were printed in the UK for example Captain Britain Weekly or the Mighty World of Marvel. Yes we can do those, they would need to be sent through our magazine tier.

As for your other question if memory serves me I think we do do that.

For example the 1st appearance of Captain Britain is Captain Britain Weekly #1 but his first US appearance was in a Marvel Team-up #65

And his sister Betsy Braddock's (psylocke) first appearance is Captain Britain Weekly #8 but her first US appearance is New Mutants annual #2

For example the 1st appearance of Captain Britain is Captain Britain Weekly #1 but his first US appearance was in a Marvel Team-up #65

And his sister Betsy Braddock's first appearance is Captain Britain Weekly #8 but her first US appearance is New Mutants annual #2

If that's true How come my Eagle presents Judge Dredd #1 doesn't say First US Appearance? (shrug)

And his sister Betsy Braddock's first appearance is Captain Britain Weekly #8 but her first US appearance is New Mutants annual #2

If that's true How come my Eagle presents Judge Dredd #1 doesn't say First US Appearance? (shrug)

I believe the reason is because the stories in there are all reprints of stories first printed in the UK comic magazine 2000AD

I believe the reason is because the stories in there are all reprints of stories first printed in the UK comic magazine 2000AD

Thank you for answering that.

I think every copy of Marvel Team-Up #65 has his 1st U.S. appearance.

:baiting: