• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayn, Neal and the world around me...

887 posts in this topic

"Nothing so strongly impels a man to regard the interest of his constituents, as the certainty of returning to the general mass of the people, from whence he was taken, where he must participate in their burdens."

--George Mason, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

The idea and concept of an elected official as a job and title was foreign to the Framers. They had no idea it would come to such a conclusion or occupation. Had it been deemed worthy of thought, they surely would have limited the term of such.

Staff, offices, limo's and planes; these are the stuff of CEO's and rock stars; not the humble servant to the people. How can it be fathomed or believed that hence forth there would spring a rational for governance in line with the common man? Surround oneself with yes men and back-patters and sure enough you will have your ego above the call of duty and searching ever forward for the next "common good".

:sick:

Good brother Dover, I just moved in, across the way.

Could I borrow, sorry, could I purchase a cup of sugar at a competitive free market price? :wishluck:

I just want to go on record as saying that my post yesterday was made independently of Tup's post, up to and including the use of, "Good brother Dover".

Tup's post did not in fact appear for me until after my post.

Make of that synchronicity what you will.

1st Estate -- Catholic Church

2nd Estate -- Nobility

3rd Estate -- Disenfranchised masses

4th Estate -- The CGC Boards

Could I borrow, sorry, could I purchase a cup of sugar at a competitive free market price? :wishluck:

If only it were not so heavily regulated and subsidized.

doh!

I would be happy to offer you a fair market price after the undue burden of vote-buying, constituent-pleasing, isolationist-mentality, winner-picking process has been properly valued.

You would be better off to barter with me for a cookie or two.

Hang in there, good brother Dover.

:foryou:

Thank you for the gentle push. I have set aside my internal fears for the want of expression and say. We must find ourselves awaking each day, ready to call forth the fight and wave the flag of Liberty.

doh!

I would be happy to offer you a fair market price after the undue burden of vote-buying, constituent-pleasing, isolationist-mentality, winner-picking process has been properly valued.

Don't bother, just call it a tax and you can do whatever you want.

Wish I knew that black magic in high school & college. doh!

doh!

How did we ever survive before the 77,000 pages of proper levy, excise and regulated exchange between two parties? Thank goodness the little pockets of gray where clarified with legal text and fee.

Where once I bought a loaf of bread with gold standard coin, now I buy first the right to purchase it, borrowed from a bank of Fail and then am I able to exchange a colored note of Fiat for the product, labor, SS, FICA, corporate tax of another all through a micro-managed commerce agreement.

And we wonder why we cannot move forward in the morass of molasses engulfing us all.

Dover, chance it all for your dreams & ideals.

Your dreams & ideals sustain even your most thorny foes.

If you give up the ghost, all will wither like the milk cow at famine's sharpest peak.

Cato Institute had better work hard to add "State's Rights" to its nomenclature.

How could a modern observer ever understand the framing and foundation laid heavy into the earth based upon just that idea; State's Rights and the limit of a Federal Governance?

What could be our never ending ability to live and pursue our life in a myriad of 50 states and all their diversity and differences instead becomes a weighted commonality based on a larger over whelming presence of one state. If each state was free to govern without fear of reduced payback, threats of withdrawn highway taxes, etc. Imagine the playgrounds we could discover and live in.

Of the 50, surely we could all find the one that best suited our particular needs and wants; the place that would best suit our pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness. They could compete freely for the citizen they found most ideal to their climate and environment. They could openly exalt their beliefs in hopes of finding likeminded citizens to bear the fruit of their land.

230 some odd years ago, they had just that idea. States would rule themselves, push forth the ideals and beliefs they most loved and nurture the ones they wanted to grow and develop.

Federal law cannot be left. State law can be vacated with a simple rental van and a deep desire for a better view of life across the border.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Really, could it be any clearer?

Should it have more words to be better understood?

Would a 1,000 pages of this line written over and over better define the simple meaning?