• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS #1 CGC 5.0 - For Sale!

45 posts in this topic

[quot=skinnys_pal_tubby]This really is the Bermuda Triangle of comic sales. :P

Here's my view about selling on this site:

1)Almost Everyone bids based on GPA. Some are flippers, some want the books for their collection. Therefore, the best bid you can expect will fall in the GPA range.

2)If you price the books quite a bit over GPA the best you can expect are the low ball offers

which generally are below GPA. Sometimes you will hear nothing (as in the BT). Sometimes I'll price the books on the high side, but In those instances I have little interest to sell the book.

3)If you need funds price the book fairly aggressively (at least in line) or offer the book elsewhere. Most buyers on this site know the marketplace.

That's my view.

Jay

I'm well aware of what "GPA" says about the price of this book. I'm also aware that this is a very nice book for the grade, and that it's almost guaranteed to shoot up in value over the next few years. hm

I put it up for sale to see if I could sell it for the price I want to sell it for. If it won't sell I'm fine with that, I'll just put it back in my collection and wait until it's selling for 2500 bucks and sell it then.

I am also open to reasonable offers and time payments. So please no "low balling" I'm really not that desperate, yet. :makepoint:

Most people dont buy on here with the intention of paying the future price , 2-3 years price down the road value . they buy the market value . If you buy the book at what it might be worth in 2-3 years then if you do want to sell it you will not make a profit On here books sell fast at or just below market value , just my opinion but that being said this is still a very nice copy and in a better economy I think you would sell it at your price . probally as the movie gets closer it will be easier to sell. But its yo book and you can ask anything. Capitalism at its best. Good luck , I hope you sell it for what u want.

I'm well aware of what "GPA" says about the price of this book. I'm also aware that this is a very nice book for the grade, and that it's almost guaranteed to shoot up in value over the next few years. hm

I put it up for sale to see if I could sell it for the price I want to sell it for. If it won't sell I'm fine with that, I'll just put it back in my collection and wait until it's selling for 2500 bucks and sell it then.

I am also open to reasonable offers and time payments. So please no "low balling" I'm really not that desperate, yet. :makepoint:

And most importantly, it's your book and you can price it at whatever you want to. (thumbs u

And most importantly, it's your book and you can price it at whatever you want to. (thumbs u

Thank you. :headbang:

Yes...but why is there a need to say this? (shrug)

"Due to financial strain, I am offering up this book for a limited time. I was hoping to keep it until it was burning up the back issue market, but it turns out that I can't really afford to do that".

What's the message? (shrug)

Yes...but why is there a need to say this? (shrug)

"Due to financial strain, I am offering up this book for a limited time. I was hoping to keep it until it was burning up the back issue market, but it turns out that I can't really afford to do that".

What's the message? (shrug)

It means that if I could sell it, it would eliminate a good chunk of my personal debt. I'm getting by just fine as it is, but it would be nice to get out from under that debt load. Would you like to see my financail records so that you can see how much you can lowball me? Please don't nitpick. :P

Either you want to buy the book, or you don't. :popcorn:

Deadpool20Nixon20Photo.jpg

Guys isn't it thread-krapping to hammer at the guys list price? I'm not judging anybody, but it seems to be bad form.
Yes - the thread-pissers are out in force tonight...,

Guys isn't it thread-krapping to hammer at the guys list price? I'm not judging anybody, but it seems to be bad form.

Hammer a guy's list price? Never gave it any thought. I't not the way I operate.

Why in my opinion did the thread turn negative?

Right after this statement:

"This really is the Bermuda Triangle of comic sales. \:P "

How I interpreted the statement? Everything has gone quiet. I'm not getting many responses. I thought the seller didn't know the answer. Thread -Krapping ? Hardly.

Why make the statement at all unless you are unsure as to why things are quiet?

I am reminded of the old saying:

"Never ask a question of a witness unless you know the answer."

You are entitled to list any book at any price. When you follow up with a thought, don' t act surprised when someone tries to give their honest opinion regarding your dilemma.

My view: Ask a question then receive an answer, then call it thread- krapping? (shrug)

I'm done... I've explained, nothing constructive can be added. Great book. Best of luck.

Dude didn't ask any question/s.

Therefore no "answers" were asked for.

Nice book and if the economy wasn't so tough right now, would sell close to that asking price. New GPAs are established every day, because of higher prices paid for hot books. This is one hot book in anticipation of the movies coming.

Good luck with the sale.

I don't see it as thread-krapping. The seller commented that this was getting no love; I gave him a possible reason... at least from my perspective. I know that was my personal reason for not biting.

Had he not posted the Bermuda Triangle comment I wouldn't have posted.