• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Unity VALIANT

24 posts in this topic

I just bought a small lot of books, which include the UNITY run and several PRE-UNITY issues. I'm going to flip the VALIANT stuff, since I have no personal interest.

I'm doing my research @ valiantfan.com, but I was wondering which ones are the actual good sellers amongst the PRE-UNITY issues, besides the GOLD and SENDAWAY issues. I haven't gone through the entire box yet, but the first HARBINGER issues are there (I think).

Thanks for the input!

I'm doing my research @ valiantfan.com, but I was wondering which ones are the actual good sellers amongst the PRE-UNITY issues, besides the GOLD and SENDAWAY issues. I haven't gone through the entire box yet, but the first HARBINGER issues are there (I think).

Thanks for the input!

Send them to me and I'll tell you.

:insane:

That is good, because Magnus 1-4 and then 12 were some fantastic reading. Magnus 0 has a great story as well.

Shadowman 1-12 have some good storytelling as well.

Solar 1-10 is some over-the-top story content as well.

I guess I'll have to read those titles one day. But man, I have such a hard time getting over the "" label associated with VALIANT, simply because of the great volumes printed for the post-UNITY issues.

EVERY collection seems to have piles of these....

I liked X-O Manowar the most, with Magnus a close second. Harbinger seemed overrated to me, but I missed out on it early and did not snag any copies of #0 pink, #1 - 10 until 1997 - 2000 when they were penny books. lol

archer & armstrong was great it's whole run. magnus was great (mostly) until the late teens, then it went south (some). i still enjoyed the malev war, and a few issues after it ended. the last issue was good too. shadowman i also enjoyed all the way through. x-o manowar was great/good/decent until around #25-30. first 20 issues are really great. most of the other titles were good here and there. bloodshot was enjoyable to me for 10-15 issues, but it was never great. i haven't read much eternal warrior, but what i've read was really good. i still have solar #1 that i bought off the shelves. great book for about 10 issues. rai had beautiful covers for about 6-7 issues. dr. mirage was an interesting concept, in that there wasn't a central white character in it (asian male and hispanic female for leads). i never cared for harbinger. hard corps was okay. the idea was cool. also, unity was fairly enjoyable. i've read most of the issue connected to it.

my favorite valiant titles:

1. shadowman

2. magnus

3. archer & armstrong

4. x-o manowar

5. bloodshot

archer & armstrong was great it's whole run. magnus was great (mostly) until the late teens, then it went south (some). i still enjoyed the malev war, and a few issues after it ended. the last issue was good too. shadowman i also enjoyed all the way through. x-o manowar was great/good/decent until around #25-30. first 20 issues are really great. most of the other titles were good here and there. bloodshot was enjoyable to me for 10-15 issues, but it was never great. i haven't read much eternal warrior, but what i've read was really good. i still have solar #1 that i bought off the shelves. great book for about 10 issues. rai had beautiful covers for about 6-7 issues. dr. mirage was an interesting concept, in that there wasn't a central white character in it (asian male and hispanic female for leads). i never cared for harbinger. hard corps was okay. the idea was cool. also, unity was fairly enjoyable. i've read most of the issue connected to it.

my favorite valiant titles:

1. shadowman

2. magnus

3. archer & armstrong

4. x-o manowar

5. bloodshot

I loved Archer and Armstrong. Magnus and Solar were a close second.

Valiant had so many great titles; I was very sorry to see them go under.

I loved Archer and Armstrong. .

Archer & Armstrong 0 was my very first Valiant that I read, and I was blown away by the hard-hitting story in that issue of how Archer was treated by his parents. Armstrong just had me laughing, so that offset the rough parts of the story.

From there, I was hooked.

Archer & Armstrong 0 was my very first Valiant that I read, and I was blown away by the hard-hitting story in that issue of how Archer was treated by his parents. Armstrong just had me laughing, so that offset the rough parts of the story.

Archer and Armstrong was far better than the average mindless superhero plot where hero meets villian, bashing ensues and then villian runs away.

Archer and Armstrong was far better than the average mindless superhero plot where hero meets villian, bashing ensues and then villian runs away.

and it bears repeating... BWS!

There are some dorks who run a Valiant podcast, talking about Valiant, the upcoming Dark Key, and lots of other stuff.

I hear it's marginally worth listening to, but hey, what do I know...?

www.onlythevaliant.com

Might want to check it out, Valiant fans....

Have any other copies of the Turok #1 VVSS with the Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS coupon turned up aside from the one I found in 2003 or so?

There is a Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS certificate that is not cut...

I believe the first one that was found had been almost cut in two, right?

There are also 100 fan-created reproductions of that certificate with a copy

of the book signed by Bernard Chang. These 100 certificates have a small

paragraph on the back describing the reproduction and no foil on the front.

Have any other copies of the Turok #1 VVSS with the Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS coupon turned up aside from the one I found in 2003 or so?

There is a Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS certificate that is not cut...

I believe the first one that was found had been almost cut in two, right?

There are also 100 fan-created reproductions of that certificate with a copy

of the book signed by Bernard Chang. These 100 certificates have a small

paragraph on the back describing the reproduction and no foil on the front.

My copy had a cut, but not almost all the way through if I recall correctly. I was contacted by another poster on the valiantcomics.com boards a couple of months later that said they had a copy as well. His/her story was that they were planned but later destroyed when the VVSS issue was not released, but some staffers thought it would be fun to insert a couple of COAs with the other VVSS issues. Not sure if they actually did have one or if the story was true since there were no scans to validate it.