• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True Blood... the Comic

45 posts in this topic

The best show on TV at the moment (IMHO)

Now getting a comic book series.

for now I am getting the 4 "regular" covers and the 1/10 cover

There will be a 1/25 a 1/50 and a 1/100. I want them all (I already ask Dre to look out for me... thanks Dre), but depends on the price.

All these covers, isn't it overkill... or just a trap for geeks like me!

Other True Blood fans happy, Geeking out, or angry with the coming of the comics...

do you know when its coming out?

They are in this months Previews. so I guess July and when checking I just found this...

For those who can't get enough of HBO's True Blood, which returns for a third season in June, a six-issue comic book miniseries from IDW Publishing will make its debut at the San Diego Comic-Con in July.

for now I am getting the 4 "regular" covers and the 1/10 cover

There will be a 1/25 a 1/50 and a 1/100. I want them all (I already ask Dre to look out for me... thanks Dre), but depends on the price.

All these covers, isn't it overkill... or just a trap for geeks like me!

In general, these multiple variants this Summer are already driving me crazy.

:frustrated:

I am going to grab a couple of them, but I never did like the show.

I just started watching the show based on numerous recommendations. I think it's fantastic. Took a few episodes to really get into, but it's just great. It has a very comic-booky feel to it, IMO.

Not sure that I'll pick up the comic though.

the wifey is insane for the show. she's freeking out that its coming back on in June. I might as well grab some of these, she'll catch wind of the comics and be pissed at me for not grabbing them.

anyone know of a con they'll be at this season I could get a SS at? that would score me some backrub points. ;)

It's a great show.

Where did you stop at Sean? If it was the first few episodes, it didn't start out strong, but drastically improved the deeper it went into the first season.

It's a great show.

Where did you stop at Sean? If it was the first few episodes, it didn't start out strong, but drastically improved the deeper it went into the first season.

I watched either the first three or the first four episodes. It was a snooze fest to me and I found none of the characters to be engaging or likable. I admit that I was prejudiced against it because I looooved Rome.

The first season was a whole lot better than the second season. Just my opinion, but the vampire show should focus on vampires and not pagan demigods. ;-)

It's not a vamp show, it's about a young woman's quest to get banged by as many supernatural creatures as possible while solving murders.

Awesome books.

I was at the IDW booth at WonderCon as they were giving out sample of Tru Blood (actually good) and we said something that it was interesting that they were giving out samples at the IDW booth (before any announcement).

The lady told me "well come back later for a big announcement...maybe!". I said well I suppose that banner hidden back there that says TRU BLOOD COMIC from IDW might be a large hint.

She felt dumb...

But inside I giggled...

also the book to get might be the Tru Blood promo comic from SDCC a few years back...

I still need one of those. Been looking at copies on Ebay, but didn't buy it yet...

For me True Blood is the best TV show ever created. Loved the first season and a very good second season (a little to much Maryann for me and I hope she is gone for good). I think Anna is great. Love Jessica's character and hope she turns as evil as evil can get in season three.

anyone know of a con they'll be at this season I could get a SS at? that would score me some backrub points. ;)

Three of the actors have already scheduled to be at Dragon Con in Atlanta: Sam, LaFayette, and the chick vampire that runs Fangtasia, I believe.