• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May 2010 Heritage results thread...

520 posts in this topic

Umm...so let me get this straight. I can bid online via the site until online bidding closes.

And after that point it's impossible to place a proxy bid until the lot actually comes up during the live auction?

Or can I bid online like an hour before the lot is due to come up, by using the live auction software? but not necessarily be online when the lot actually comes up for bid?

Pretty sure the Larson will triple its current price level

Seriously? That would put it around 45K, or 5x condition guide. This book sold for 7K in 2004 and $4700 in 2002.

I seriously doubt it gets anywhere close to 45K (thumbs u

Was thinking 3x the current price before BP, mid 30's at least. $40K wouldn't surprised me because didn't a deslabbed 6.5 copy sell for around $35K on Metro a year or so ago?

Boy that 9.4 that went for $107K last year looks like a bargain today, doesn't it?

Still can't believe there wasn't a lot more interest in that copy. Aside from the Church copy your probably never going to see another copy that nice again.

Rick - is that MM5 the same copy you owned that you sold to Roy?

I think Roy's is on EBay as we speak, the 4.0 Trolley copy?

(thumbs u

I owned it at one point (roy has the 4.0 trolley), but not sure if I sold it to roy? I do know that the 4.5 that is in the heritage auction is my former copy too (thumbs u

I think Roy's is on EBay as we speak, the 4.0 Trolley copy?

(thumbs u

there we go

My bidding system is to bid half of whatever Gary Keller paid for the book. :cool:

I think you may be over paying a little. :baiting:

BTW Tim, just got home from Singapore (I know you are in Hong Kong). Pretty spectacular place!

I owned it at one point (roy has the 4.0 trolley), but not sure if I sold it to roy?

Probably the person who bought it off me after I bought it from Marnin. Man it really sucked that I had to let that book go. :(

I owned it at one point (roy has the 4.0 trolley), but not sure if I sold it to roy?

Probably the person who bought it off me after I bought it from Marnin. Man it really sucked that I had to let that book go. :(

I think I sold it to ronaldo, but I bought it from marnin too, if I recall (or maybe I bought it from brent hm )

I hope not too many are after the same books as me. :wishluck:

Would like to get some good deals. :o

Good Luck everyone!

Good deals? and Heritage Auctions? those words don't usually go together, :sorry:

lol

Each new auction brings a ray of hope that I will find my funny books at reasonable prices.

(shrug)

My bidding system is to bid half of whatever Gary Keller paid for the book. :cool:

I think you may be over paying a little. :baiting:

Yes, there are actually some books where paying even half of what he paid would still be overpaying, in my opinion. :eek:

BTW Tim, just got home from Singapore (I know you are in Hong Kong). Pretty spectacular place!

Cool, glad you enjoyed your visit with our little cousins. (thumbs u

The Chicago MC#1 and Larson MC#9 are still sitting pretty low with only 20 hours left. Pretty sure the Larson will triple its current price level but any thoughts on where the Chicago will end up at? The colors on the cover are deep.

High bidder with internet bidding closed, figured this was the book to make a super strong play on !!! :wishluck:

Jim